Chapter 24: The Tianquan's Proposition

???: "Ah! So you're the new face to Liyue that Xinyan's been talking about eh?"

Y/N: "I uh... I guess I'm still pretty new in the grand scheme of things! I don't think we've met yet though, wait, have we...? Sorry, I can't remember!"

???: "Haha! I've heard about your amnesia too! Guess you really weren't lying Xinyan!"

Xinyan: "'Course I wasn't! I wouldn't spread rumours like that, Y/N's a new friend of mine after all!"

???: "I see, I see! Well I've always said you're quite the good judge of character Xinyan, so a friend of yours can be a friend of mine! Anyways, the name's Beidou: I'm the captain of The Crux. Nice to meet ya!"

Y/N: "Nice to meet you too! I'm Y/N, just the delivery person for Bubu Pharmacy- but I guess you knew that already!"

Beidou: "Ahaha! That I did, still though, nice to properly acquaint with ya!"

Xinyan: "Anyways, you must be back for the Moonchase Festival, right Beidou? Excited for Xiangling's newest creation, right?!"

Beidou: "Xiangling huh? She sometimes uses some... interesting ingredients in her dishes to bring about some, ah... intriguing flavours. Though... there's no way she can improve without having someone to taste-test — a role that I am more than happy to fill."

Xinyan: "You can say that again! Ooh, she's the rock star of the culinary world, she is!"

Y/N: "I'm definitely not as experienced as either of you when it comes to the culinary arts, but I do quite like her cooking a lot! I've been to her restaurant a fair few times now!"

Beidou: "Ah, good's an understatement! When we're out on the open ocean, the one thing me and my crew miss is Xiangling's cooking. When spirits are low, just thinking of her fried Jueyun Chili, bursting with flavour... It gives everyone just that little extra kick."

Xinyan: "Ah, so you did come back for the Festival then!"

Beidou: "Actually, it was just good luck that we made port around this time. But we're definitely going to stick around now that we're here! Oh, that's right! I heard you got a Vision, didn't you Y/N? Really gave Xinyan and Ganyu a helping hand with a couple big beasts from what I heard!"

Y/N: "Oh uh... I mean- I was there... I don't feel like I helped all that much though...?"

Xinyan: "Are ya kidding? If it weren't for you then we wouldn't have been able to keep those Geovishaps frozen and vulnerable at all! You bein' there made it an absolute breeze! Shame it ended up with you gettin' the sea legs by the end of it though! You're feeling better, right?"

Y/N: "Yeah, I'm good thanks. Just a night's rest and I recuperated pretty good!"

Beidou: "I heard your Hydro Vision is pretty good for healing up the effects of battle, would definitely appreciate a medic of your calibre on the Crux! Of course, we'd need to see your sword arm and your ability to maintain a ship too!"