Chapter 22 : Pint-sized Grape Pervert

Haruka Kanzaki has always and always will care deeply for Izuku Midoriya

Haruka Kanzaki has always and always will care deeply for Izuku Midoriya. Which is why currently as she was watching the match all she could do was nervously tap her nails on the back of her phone. It's not like he was doing particularly awful, he had just managed to successfully deflect Todoroki's attacks twice, but he had also broken a finger as a consequence both times. 'He's using 100% in each shot. He's making his attacks stronger but he's also limiting the number of times he can use them. He might not be able to use his thumbs. He's got six shots to go.'

Haru noticed a structure of ice behind Todoroki and realised that it was probably like the crystals she used to keep herself in bounds during her match with Yoru. Another barricade of ice shot out towards Midoriya and the boy flicked it away once more. '5.'

"Ah Kirishima-kun, congrats on making it to the second round." Yoru told the other red head when she caught sight of him.

"Thanks Suka-chan. I'll be up against you next, Bakugou. Let's have a good fight!" Kirishima told the blonde, who replied with

"I'll kill you."

"I'd like to see you try. But man you and Todoroki can both shoot off powerful attacks that cover a lot of ground. Like 'Bam!'" Kirshima told him.

"And you can do it with no time lag." Sero added.

"I'm not just shooting them off. Don't underestimate 'em." Bakugou spoke, being oddly solemn.

"Huh?"

"If you overuse your muscles, the muscle fibers tear, and if you keep running, you'll run out of breath...Quirks are physical abilities too. They must also have some kind of limit." 

"Or a consequence." Yoru added.

"What?"

"For example, my quirk allows me to morph my DNA to that of a wolf's. You guys haven't seen me transform but when I do," She told them, turning her thumb to that of a claw's. 

"I'm breaking my bones and then letting the transformation to take place. So when I transform them back..." She continued turning her thumb back to normal.

"I have to  wait for my bones to completely heal before doing anything else." 

"Aaaaa! Why would you break your bone just to show us?"

"You should go see Recovery girl!"

"Why are you just sitting there!"

"No it's fine because," Kaminari, Sero and Kaminari marveled at how the girl's thumb which was purple and blue a few seconds ago was completely back to normal now.

"My quirk balances things out by giving me increased healing. There's always a balance with quirks. Bakugou-kun can I see your hand?"  Yoru asked turning towards the ash-blonde.

"What?! Hell no." He told her.

"Alright then." Yoru told him, before dragging her index across his forehead.