Chapter 9 : Class reps

Haruka Kanzaki was by no means a perfectionist, a nerd or someone who people were easily impressed by when it came to anything other than her appearance

Haruka Kanzaki was by no means a perfectionist, a nerd or someone who people were easily impressed by when it came to anything other than her appearance. Which is why she was confused by the fact that she was voted as the deputy rep. Who were these two annoyances who decided, "Oh yeah Kanzaki managed to win her training exercise so clearly she's class rep material." ? Because Haru was silently hating them right now. I mean the fact that Midoriya was chosen as the main rep makes sense (despite Haru knowing he was no leader, more of a strategist) since everyone was inspired by him yesterday. But her? Why? She didn't need the attention. Her entire goal for the next three years was stay average. And what about Iida? She voted for him because despite being the typical nerdy perfectionist he seemed to be capable enough of sticking to the rules and raising his voice. 'God must really want me to suffer.' She thought to herself as she internally cried.

Eventually lunch came around and Haru realised that despite it being her third day at U.A it would be her first lunch. As she grabbed her lunch tray, her azure eyes scanned the cafeteria for someone in particular until she caught sight of that person and made her way over.

"Yo long time no see." She said to Aoi who was seated next to a boy who could be related to Aizawa with his dead face and exhausted eyes.

"We saw each other on Saturday. That's four days ago." Replied the shorter girl in her usual monotone voice. Haru let out a sigh as she sat down.

"So who's your friend here?" She asked, curious as to who the purple-haired stranger was.

"This is Hitoshi Shinsou, we're classmates." Aoi answered, discreetly telling her that she wasn't really friends with him.

"It's nice to meet you Shinsou-san, I'm Kanzaki Haruka from class 1-A." Haru said, flashing her blinding smile.

"Hai." He responded blankly.

'Okay so maybe he's related to Eraser-head after all.'

"Kanzaki you seem less energetic today. Any particular annoyances?" Aoi asked, an expert on analysing people despite her own failures in interaction.

"Hmm yeah. First there was the press at the entrance and then the most annoying thing ever happens, I get voted as deputy rep. Like why?" Haru explained.

"Oh yes, what a tragedy."

"Anyways. What's your quirk Shinsou-san?" Haru asked turning towards the boy who seemed less than interested in the conversation.

"Hm? Well.." And then Haru blanked out.

"What happened?" She asked once she came to.

"My quirk is mind-control. I just made you tell Aoi-san something irrelevant about yourself that she didn't know." Shinsou explained.

"Apparently you wear contacts. Who knew."

"That's.....so cool! Honestly if my friend Izuku was here he would be geek-ing out and asking you all sorts of questions about your quirk." Haru responded.

"How does it work though?" She asked him, curious because mind-control quirks were rare and they all have different methods of working.

"I can control someone if they say something to me." Shinsou answered, anticipating her response.

"So like only one person at a time or like as many as you want?"

"The latter."

"Damn. I would hate to be a villain against you. Oh god, I hope I don't have to go up against you at the sports festival."

"You know how his quirk works though so you would be fine." Aoi reminded.

"Yeah but you know that a blabbermouth like me wouldn't be able to shut up for too long." Haru remarked.

"True." Was what Aoi said before an alarm and panic rang out.

"There's been a break-in!"

"Oh God!"

"Villains might be attacking us!"

"WE'RE ALL GONNA DIE!"

The three made the mistake of getting up as well and their punishment was being caught up in the storm of students.

Haru felt as though she was being suffocated. She could feel her claustrophobia acting up and soon enough her vision began to darken. She was about to have a panic attack.

"KI! Kanzaki!" She heard Aoi call out and her vision managed to clear up a little bit as she saw the girl reach out her hand. Haru somehow managed to grab her hand and within a flash she was in a classroom.

'Mirai Aoi! Quirk: Teleportation. She can make herself and other objects or people she's grabbed onto reappear in another location within a five-mile radius.'

As the girl gasped for air she noticed that Shinsou had also been teleported with her and immediately fixed her composure.

"Where are we?" She asked trying to act like the past 10 seconds didn't happen.

"My class. It's pretty far from the cafeteria so I didn't think anyone would be in here." Aoi replied.

"What do you think happened back there?"

"Who knows? Maybes a reporter broke through the security. We've seen how they can get." Suggested Shinsou.

"Maybe." Replied Haru , as she walked towards the window and caught sight of the blue-haired man from yesterday and immediately knew that Shinsou was wrong. 'This was no accident someone risky tied to break into U.A and I think Mr. Hands knows who.' Haru thought to herself.

**********

Soon enough the noise in the hallway died down. Haru would later learn that Iida was to thank for that and his reward was Midoriya giving him the position of class rep.

"Can I step down and make Yayarozu or someone the deputy -rep instead?" She whispered into Izuku's ear.

"You could. But wouldn't that just bring more attention to you? Since everyone else would kill to be deputy rep, you willingly giving it up would be too odd." He answered her, also in a whisper.

"But-"

"No one's going to stop you though."

"Fine." 'Since when was he so tactical?'

If Kanzaki Haruka intended to be far from the spotlight this year then Midoriya Izuku was going to shove her into it.