CHAPTER 2- That Stupid Blonde Girl

The school was way bigger than she imagined it, there were people bustling around like ants, teachers yelling at kids who were leaned up against the wall smoking weed, who didn't seem to care and just flipped the teachers off in unison.
    There were obvious cliques: the jocks who were winking at the cheerleaders, the cheerleaders who were quietly annoyed, the band geeks who were talking about xylocarps or something, the people that looked like they were gonna succeed in life, the one popular group of girls and…. omg the girl jocks. She felt her face heat up and look down at the floorboards of the car in embarrassment. Angela checked the mirror at the wrong time and, with a worried look on her face, asked Catra, "Are you ok sweetie, you seem a bit flustered."
    Her voice shocked Catra, she didn't expect her to be watching her.
    "Yeah I'm fine, just a bit nervous" she lied. Well, kind of lied. She was nervous, but that wasn't the reason she was blushing. She couldn't help but sneak another look at them. They were in their letterman jackets, laughing with their perfect, wide pitbull smiles and flipping their hair into the wind. 'Wow, sports' she thought.
    They were so silly, and one stepped onto the bench they were hanging out on and held her fist up next to her face like a microphone and started singing. She couldn't stop staring at her, her muscles, her hair, her muscles, her jawline, the way her eyes shone. Oh, and the muscles. Don't forget about those. And wait, on her letter. Was that a prid-
   "Ok Catra, get your bag together sweetie. It's time to go inside" Angela said sweetly, looking back at a dazed Catra with a smile on her face.
   "Yeah, stop gaping at the school, it's much better inside, scrub." Her sister said, tugging on her wrist as she tried to regain balance but clambered out of the car miserably due to the fact that Glimmer was trying to pull her arm off.
   Once she managed to regain footing, she gave Glimmer a glare who just shrugged it off, and told Angela her goodbyes
   "I love you Ms. Angela, have a good day!"
   "No, you have a good day" her mother countered in a friendly way
   "Have fun girls! I'll pick you up later!"
   Catra tried to avoid gazing at that girl on the bench. She was still singing… she actually has a pretty good voice. She has more of a chance at becoming a rockstar than Shadow Weaver, that's for damn sure. She took another glance at her. Yep, that was definitely a pride flag. She walked inside and tried not to think about that stupid blonde girl.