Chapter 1 New School

Start from the beginning

The walk from the school to my home wasn't long. We had actually moved into a new home a month ago since this place was closer to my school and my mom's hero agency. The house was small but it was only my mom and me so we didn't need a lot of room.

I was quiet as I made my way into the house making sure to take off my shoes before passing the entryway. The stairs that I took to get to my room were right next to the kitchen. There were voices coming from the kitchen not just my mother's voice either. I lean close to the wall so I could listen without being seen.

"No one would blame you if you got rid of her" a shrill voice spoke

It was my mom's younger sister, Aiko, speaking. She most have come to see my mother since we live closer to her now. Also, this woman hated me with a passion.

"Akio if you say that one more time I'll kick you out of this house" my mother sternly warned her

"I was just saying her quirk is dangerous, especially after what she did to my husband-"

"Ex-husband" my mom interrupted her "You got divorced remember? If you speak about that man in my house again I'll kick you out"

I couldn't stand it anymore when they started to talk about him. I quietly made my way back to the front door opening it and shutting it loudly so both women knew I was there. Only then did I return to the kitchen where both women were at.

"Hi sweety" my mom greeted me with a bright smile unlike my aunt who was frowning at me "How was your day," my mom asked

I moved my hands starting to use sign language when my mother interrupted me.

"It's just you aunt sweety so it's fine to speak"

"It was good" my voice sounded dry from not speaking all day "I meet a new friend and even taught him some sign language"

"I hope you didn't speak to him," my aunt snarkily said

"No aunt Aiko I didn't speak" I replied hanging my head slightly "I have a lot of homework so I am going to get to it"

"Alright I'll bring you a snack in a little while" My mom replied

I left the kitchen making my way to my room. It wasn't as big as my old room but as long as I had enough room for all my books I was happy. I didn't have any homework as I had said so I just plop down on my bed. I was laid out with my arm covering my eyes.

My mind kept going back to that day when I first got my powers. I had been staying at my Aunt Aiko's house for the summer to spend time with her. It was on my 12th birthday when things changed. My uncle was always the first one up so I would have long conversations with him each morning but I didn't know what my voice was doing to him that day. Then my uncle started to act weird around me. He always wanted to be around me even try to get me to set in his lap. Everything came to a boiling point when my Aunt caught him spying on me while I was changing.

She freaked out and called the cops and he was arrested. It took a while but after my mom insisted I saw a doctor it came out that I had gotten my quirk. The doctor named it the sirens song comparing me to a mythical creature who lured men to their deaths. The quirk is activated when someone hears my voice then they become obsessed with me. It all depends on how many words I say to them is how strong their obsession will be. If they just hear one word most likely they will be fine and it will fade over time. It's only when someone hears ten words or more is when they become dangerous. All they can think about is me and eventually, it drives them crazy. The only reason my Aunt wasn't affected is that we share the same DNA. My quirk doesn't work on those who have the same DNA as me.

After all, this was found out that a hero with a mind erasing quirk had to erase me from not just my uncle's mind but also five cops, two investigators, a nurse, and even the doctor who diagnosed me. They seemed to be fine after having their minds whipped but after an incident, we found out that if someone with an erased mind saw me again their memories would return along with their obsession.

My quirk didn't just ruin my aunt's marriage but ruined my parents as well. My dad couldn't handle having a kid like me so one day he just left. My mother never blamed me, unlike my aunt who blames me for her ruined marriage.

I shook my head before grabbing a pillow and putting it over my face. I hated thinking about the past like that but seeing aunt Aiko brought it all back. I closed my eyes until I fell into a deep sleep where I dream I could speak freely with no concern about who heard my voice.

🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸

AUTHOR'S NOTES

SO I HOPE YOU LIKE THE NEW STORY. I DID GET THE IDEA FOR THE QUIRK FROM A STORY CALLED DARK DESIRE BY Aetherlocket_. I WISH THEY WOULD HAVE FINISHED IT BUT THEY WROTE THREE CHAPTERS AND HAVEN'T UPDATED IT IN TWO YEARS. THAT SEEMS TO HAPPEN A LOT ON THIS APP. I JUST COULDN'T GE THIS STORY OUT OF MY HEAD SO I JUST HAD TO WRITE IT.

 I JUST COULDN'T GE THIS STORY OUT OF MY HEAD SO I JUST HAD TO WRITE IT

THEY ARE SO ADORABLE

SEE YOU IN THE NEXT CHAPTER
❤ STAY SAFE❤