Chapter 19 - Back to School

Start from the beginning

"Well..... I can't stay for much longer..... because I do have to get up early tomorrow for a meeting." Lena explains, "But.... how about I help you clear away some stuff.... and then we can sit down in front of the TV and eat some of the leftovers for our dinner?"

"Sure. That sounds like a lovely idea." Kara smiles, happily.

"Can I help?" Lori asks, sweetly.

"Of course you can, little one." Kara smiles back.

Kara, Lena and Lori then go about doing just as Lena suggested, and clear away a bunch of the plates and used glasses, washing them as they do. Kara and Lena both do know that Kara could likely do all this with her superspeed in a couple of seconds, but there is just something nice about doing this all together. It's almost as if it's a bonding experience for the three of them.

20 minutes go by, and Kara, Lena and Lori finally finish clearing up everything, and then decide to begin eating their leftovers on the couches. For the leftovers themselves, there are still some vegetables, some potatoes, some left over mini sausages, and a few bits of beef. So, it's certainly enough to fill them up for their dinner, after having had a heavy lunch.

"What are we going to watch?" Lori asks, sweetly.

"Why don't you pick another Disney film for us to watch?" Kara suggests, with a smile.

"Okay." Lori nods, happily.

Lori then proceeds to grab the remote and go to the correct streaming service to find a Disney movie to watch. Kara is happy how by this point Lori has already gotten used to selecting the movie by herself without her having to help her. A few moments later, Lori eventually decides on Cinderella.

"Oooooo.... That's a classic." Kara says, with a big smile.

"Yes. It is." Lena nods.

"Is it good?" Lori asks.

"All Disney movies are good!" Kara exclaims, with a wide smile.

Lena chuckles.

"I'm not sure about that." Lena replies.

"Oh, you are just grumpy because you like to pretend that you don't like Disney movies, and put on that CEO persona, but I know secretly, deep down, you do." Kara says, turning to Lena with a smile on her face.

Lena chuckles again.

"Or maybe I just don't like some Disney movies because you literally forced me to watch a marathon of them all, over multiple nights." Lena says.

"Well, we had to catch you up on your Disney knowledge after all! And I didn't hear too many complaints while we were doing it!" Kara exclaims, again.

Lena laughs again.

"Anyway..." Lena begins, turning to look at Lori once more, and getting back to the topic at hand, "Yes, Cinderella is, in my humble opinion, one of the better Disney movies."

Kara simply nods in agreement, although still in her mind every single Disney movie is 'good'.

"Okay." Lori smiles happily, amused by Kara and Lena's shenanigans, before then pressing play on the Disney movie.

Kara, Lena and Lori then all watch the Disney movie together over the next hour and a bit. However, Lori doesn't get to see the end of the film, as before the movie comes to an end, the 7-year-old falls asleep, resting her head on Lena's side, with the CEO wrapping her arms around Lori loosely, holding her in place. Kara, for her part, simply smiles at the sight, no longer feeling any jealousy for the relationship which Lori and Lena have, because she knows that she and Lori are beginning to form a similar relationship, if not, perhaps a stronger one.