11

Chapter eleven,

Since it was night, the air got colder. Jess held her arms around her body to try and warm herself up even though it didn't do much.

"You're cold aren't you" Kim mumbles. "No. I'm just nervous about monsters and shit"

"Okay" Kim mumbled, clearly unconvinced.

"You're positive that was Dart?" Lucas asks Dustin as they continue walking through the woods. "Yes. He had that same yellow pattern on his butt"

"He was tiny two days ago" Max stated. "Well, he's molted three times already" Dustin replied.

"Malted?" Steve asks.

"Molted. She's his skin to make room for growth like hornworms" Dustin corrected.

"When's he going to molt again?" Jess asks. "It's gotta be soon. When he does, he'll be fully grown, or close to it"

"And so will it's friends"

"Yeah and he's going to eat a lot more than cats" Steve adds.

"A cat? Dart ate a cat!?" Lucas yells. "No? What? No!" Dustin quickly replied.

"What are you talking about? He ate mews"

"Steve!"

"Mews? Who's mews?" Max asks. "Dustin's cat" Kim adds.

"Seriously Kim!"

"I knew it! You kept him!" Lucas yells and starts a whole other argument between the two. "No! No... no" Dustin replies and everyone shakes there head because no one is convinced.

"He missed me. He wanted to come home"

"Bullshit!"

"I didn't know he was a demogorgon, okay?" Dustin states. "Oh, so now you admit it?" Lucas replies.

Jess and max rolled their eyes. "Guys, who cares we have to go" max mumbles. "I care! You put the party in jeopardy! You broke the rule of law!" Lucas yelled.

"Oh my god" Kim whispered to herself with a groan. "So did you!" Dustin yelled.

"You told a stranger the truth" he yelled while pointing his flashlight at Max.

"A stranger?" Max scoffs. "You wanted to tell her, too!"

"So did Jess but we didn't, okay? We didn't tell her! We both broke the rule of law, Okay?  So we're even. We're even"

"No, no! We're not even. Don't even try that! Your stupid pet could have ate us for dinner!"

"That was not my fault!" Dustin yelled.

Steve and Kim both wait for their argument to end, they heard a quite growl from the distance. "Hey guys"

They ignore them.

"Guys!" Kim yells and gets everyone's attention. The growl is louder this time and everyone else can hear.

They run up the hill. Max is hesitant since she's the only one who is smart "why are we running towards the sound?"

"I don't see shit" Steve mumbles as Lucas pulls his binoculars out. "The lab"

"They were going back home"

Steve paces back and forth before coming up with an idea "ok, how about we split up. Kim you stay here with some of them and then I go down there with Dustin"

"Have you ever watched a horror movie, any horror movie?" Kim asks. "Yes"

"Then you should know that splitting up is the dumbest thing too do. I'm not staying here. We're all going, hurry up" she explains before waking in front of Steve.