08

Chapter Eight,

"Are you ready?" Dustin asks as the two stands in front of Dustin's room. "No" Jess mumbles. "Do you want to go over the plan one more time?"

"Please" she replies with a small worried smile. "I open this door, the second I do we run outside to the small wooden shed thing and we watch as Dart follows the trail into the storm cellular when he's in-"

"We lock the door and trap him there" Jess adds and he nods. "Now, are you ready?" he asks and she nods. "Three... Two... One!" he yells before opening the door and they both start running.

"Oh my god, oh my god, oh my god" Dustin repeats another hundred times. They make it to the shed and slam the door. "All good so far"

"Don't get too excited"

The two watch as Dart follows the trail slowly. When he's about to walk inside the cellular Dart turns to Dustin and he flinches. "What happened?"

"We made eye contact!" Dustin mumbled. "How do you make eye contact! It doesn't even have eyes" she argues. They both turn around and watch as Dart slowly approaches them. "Shit, shit, shit"

"I have a plan" Dustin whispers. "Oh god, not another plan"

"Now is not the time to be sarcastic" he snapped back. "Just tell me the plan!"

"I'm going to open the door, chase him and then we're gonna trap him, you think that will work?" he asked. "No, but we have to do something. Like right now"

"Okay. Three... Two... One!" Dustin yelled as he chased Dart. When he got the chance he hit him with his hockey stick and Jess ran to shut the doors. The two lay on top of it and sighed in relief. "I'm sorry but you ate my cat"

☆ ゜・ 。。・ ゜゜・ 。。・ ゜★

After hours of cleaning the house and burying Mews in the backyard, Dustin decides that they should just bike to the Wheeler's house since no one else is answering them and their line has been busy for over two hours.

"Wait here" he mumbles as they drop off their bikes in the Wheeler's driveway. "Your line has been busy for over two hours Mr wheeler, did you know that?"

"Oh I do know" he replies unbothered. "Is Mike home?"

"No"

"Where is he?" He asks. "Karen! Where is Mike?" Ted yells. "Will's"

"They aren't picking up there, how about Nancy? Where is she?"

"Karen! Where is Nancy?" he yells again. "Ally's. Our children don't live here anymore did you not know that?"

"Seriously" Dustin snarled. "Are we done here?"

"Son of a bitch. You're really no help at all, you know that?" Dustin mumbled quietly before walking away. "Hey! Language!" Ted yelled which just made Dustin roll his eyes.

"No luck. He's no help at all" Dustin told Jess as he picked up his bike. "Who's that?" she asks as they watch a familiar-looking car pull up at the front of the house.

Steve walks out with a small bouquet of roses and mumbles something to himself as he walks toward the house. "Steve!" Dustin yelled. "Yeah?"

"Are those for Mrs. Wheeler?" Dustin asks, pointing to the flowers. "No?" Steve replies. "Good" Dustin mumbles as he takes the flowers out of his hand and throws them to Jess. "What's going on?" she asks.

"Yeah what is going on?" Steve replies. "Nancy's not here. Do you still have that bat?" Dustin asks, ignoring the two of them. "Bat? What bat?"

"The one with the nails"

"Yeah? Why?"

"I'll explain on the way. Just get in! Both of you!" Dustin yells as he opens the door. Kim was in the front seat. "What the hell are you doing in Steve's car?" Jess asks. "I was helping him get flowers for Nancy"

"Since when did you have friends" Jess mumbles as she and Dustin sit in the back. "Steve and I aren't friends I was just helping him. What are you even doing here?"

"Long story," Dustin and Jess say in unison. "Ok what is happening and where are we going?" Steve asks after getting in the car. "Your house first, to pick up your bat"

"Bat? Are you guys playing baseball?" Kim asks. "No! We need it to kill this thing that killed Dustin's cat" Jess yells. "I'm so confused" she replied. "Yeah so am I" Steve added. "Just shut up and drive Steve!" Dustin yelled.