Desperate insects that would do anything to climb the food chain. Even going as far to selling their bodies or telling lies and manipulating people or just down right hurting anyone other than themselves as they're selfish and greedy.

And for once there's only one country master who have done such horrible acts...

My face can't help but frown by just thinking about it.

"Disgusting" I absentmindedly said

She flinch as she looked at me and the lights coming from the window behind me casts a perfect shadow on my face as the white rings on my eyes glows

She trembled at my intimidating appearance as she kneeled immediately to the ground.

"I'm sorry sir! I promise I won't do this disgusting act ever again! " She looks white as paper and tears seems to form at the side of her eyes as she continues to beg for mercy.

"...Ired" I mumbled

" Yes!? " She asked confusely as she stare up at me

"Your fired. Now get out of my face before I call the security" I spat as I glared down at her.

"Ye-yes!" As she stood up and bowed one last time and ran and immediately left.

Now that she's gone I looked at the letter on my hand and my eyes widen once getting a proper view of what it looks like.

"This crest..." So its from her..?

But why...

Why would she send a letter to someone like me..?

I can hear my heart beat thump against my chest for the second time this night as I stared at the letter blankly. Millions of questions ran through my mind as I sat there contemplating on should I read it or not.

"Could it be that..."

A young girl with murky hair, dirt and twigs on it appeared from my memory. She's holding on what seems to be a flute that she proudly said she got from stealing from some Chinese guy she met at the shore.

"If only you can see his face! Bwhahhahahahahha! "

Her laughter is contagious that I can't help but to laugh along with her even though I was meant to scold her as it was a bad thing to do.

We laughed together until we ran out of breath. I looked at her and wish... That we can stay together for-

I shook my head as soon as I got that thought. Bringing up those times would do nothing but bring pain to my heart.

"No that's impossible... " I nodded to my self I closed my eyes. This is probably just an invitation to a formal dinner or gathering I took deep breaths before opening the letter to finally fulfill my curiousity.

And I was right it is an invitation. Inviting me to go to some restaurant of my choice. It also said that what were about to talk about is only about pure business so I don't have to worry about he making a move. It also stated that she would wait for a reply until the next three days.

I contemplated about it for sometime but my body moved automatically as I wrote a reply back of me agreeing to meet up.

I called for a servant and handed my letter to them. And pack up my things so I can finally go home after a very long day.
________________________________________________________________________

My alarm rang as I slammed my hand on it. This is the day that I'm suppose to meet up with her. But for some reasons I haven't been able to sleep for the past few days until now because of my overthinking.