I got you - Jay Halstead

"Hey Y/N. It's Kim. Are you on your way to Molly's? We're waiting for you. I'll see you soon, I think."

"Y/N, did you miss the invite? It's Jay's birthday party at Molly's!"

"Y/N, it's Kevin. Kim told Jay that you should be here already. He's getting worried."

"Hey babe, it's me. They told me you would be here an hour ago. If you don't call us in ten minutes, I will start looking for you."

Will

Hey, did Y/N leave her shift?

Yes, about two hours ago! I'm almost on my way.

She's not here, Will.

Did you call her?

Yes. Something is wrong.

Find her. I'll stay here in case she comes back here.

Ok. Thanks.

You just sat on the ground, feeling your phone buzzing in your pocket. You couldn't respond. You couldn't bring yourself to get it. The tears were streaming down your face. You're still processing what just happened.

You were making your way to Molly's to celebrate Jay's birthday when you ran into two guys. You could smell the alcohol from a mile away.

"What is a pretty lady like you doing on the street all by herself at this time of night?" One of them asked.

You tried to ignore them and just continued walking.

"Come on, babe. We're not going to do anything."

"We just want to have a conversation," the other guy said.

"No thanks," you mumbled.

"Ah, she can talk!" the guy said.

"What are you doing on the street, sweetheart?" The other guy stood in front of you, blocking your way.

"Should we pay her a lesson on how to listen?" The guy asked, who was now standing behind you.

You felt the panic rise in your chest. You didn't get afraid quickly, but now you were scared to death. You felt a hand on your shoulder before placing it on your throat. One of the guys pulled you against him while squeezing your throat.

"Now, I don't like it when girls talk to me like that," he whispered in your ear. It sends a chill down your spine, and not in a good way. You felt yourself paralyzed by fear. You wanted to talk back to him, but you were scared of what he would do to do. And it was also the fact that he had your hands on your throat, causing it to be harder to breathe for you. He squeezed your throat tighter. Leaving you gasping for air.

"Stop!" You choked out.

"Just know that I will take it further next time you talk to me like that." He let you go and pushed you to the ground. You started coughing and gasping for air, getting as much air in your lungs as possible.

It had been almost an hour ago, but you still couldn't move. You were sitting by a tree, your back facing the road. You didn't want to go home. You didn't want your friends to see you like this. You didn't want your boyfriend and your brother to get mad and go after him. You didn't want them to see you broken like this. So you stayed by the tree, trying to calm down, but all you wanted was Jay's arms around you. So after those hours, you stood up and slowly made your way to the bar. Everything around you was going by in a haze. You focused on the bar; that was the only place you needed to think of right now.

Once you walked into the bar, Kim was the first one to notice you.

She noticed the look on your face like you were in shock or something. "Y/N?" She asked, which made almost everyone turn around.

"Where have you been?" Jay asked softly, already reaching his hands out to you. You started to sob and wrapped your arms around his neck.

"It's okay. It's okay," he said as he hugged you back. "Hey, hey, calm down. It's okay. You're okay. I've got you," he said and rubbed your back. But you weren't okay. You cried in his neck as you pulled him closer to you.

"We were just going to look for you," he whispered as he held you close. The tears were still streaming down your face, but the sobbing stopped. He slowly pushed you off him so that he could look at you.

"What happened to your neck?" he said and pushed your hair away from your neck. You felt his thumb on the place where the guy had his hands.

"Y/N! Where the hell have you been?" You jumped from the sudden yelling and looked at your brother in fear.

"What the hell," Kim mumbled. All your friends were now looking at you.

"Who the fuck did that to you!" Kelly yelled. You flinched away as he walked closer to you. He stopped right away. "I'm not going to hurt you, Y/N. Now tell me, who did that to my sister."

"I don't know," you choked out and started to cry again. Jay pulled you into a hug again. "I don't know," you said again.

Jay rubbed circles on your back. "It's okay. I got you. You're safe now."

"Whoever did this, I'm going to kill him!" you heard your brother yell.

"Kelly, calm down. You're not helping her," Gabbie said.

The conversation continued, but it went all past you. You didn't want to hear any of it.

After some time, you fully calmed down, and so did Kelly, or at least he pretended he did. Jay was holding your hand, rubbing circles on your hand with his thumb.

"Can you please tell us what happened?" He begged. You were sitting in the back with Gabbie, Kelly, Kim and Jay. They thought it was best to take you away from all the people.

"I was on my way here, and these two guys appeared. They started talking to me, but I just wanted to walk away. I wanted to come here. But they stopped me, and then one of them said they would teach me a lesson on how to listen, so he put... he put his hands around m... my throat a... and...." You just couldn't say it. The tears welled up in your eyes again.

"We got it," Jay mumbled.

"I am going to kill them. Nobody touches my sister," Kelly said in anger and stood up.

"No, please, Kelly. Not today," you begged your brother.

"Fine. But I will get them another day."

"We will find them, Y/N. I promise you that," Kim said and put a hand on your knee.

Jay planted a kiss on your head. "I'm so sorry I wasn't there," he whispered. "But I promise you that we are going to find them."