Drunk text me - Jay Halstead

Based on the song Drunk Text Me by Lexi Jayde

Ever since you and your boyfriend Jay Halstead broke up, he has vanished. You haven't spoken to him for three months. Nobody has seen him. Not even his brother Will. All he knows is that he had to leave for work. Will doesn't know where Jay went, how long he will be gone for, and why he's gone. Maybe for you, it was for the better. You weren't ready to face him at work. The break-up was hard on you. At work, you kept it together as if nothing happened, but as soon as you were home, that was where the trouble started. You would open a bottle of wine and just sit on your balcony, watching over the city of Chicago. You barely spoke to your friends. You had no idea what was happening in the world besides your own. You were miserable, and nobody even knew.

For the last few days, it felt like your guitar has been staring at you. You used to write a lot of music. It was therapy for you. You would play for Jay, and that were one of your happiest memories. And ever since he broke up with you, you couldn't pick up your guitar again until now. You had the sudden urge to play and sing. You sat down your glass of wine and grabbed the guitar, just playing some small tunes. Before you knew it, lyrics were coming to your mind, and you started singing to the music you played. After half an hour, you had an entire song. It was loosely based on your relationship with Jay, but also fictional enough that people still had to guess whether it was true.

You decided to go to Molly's. Hermann and Gabbie were standing behind the bar, greeting you with the biggest smile.

"Look who we have here! Haven't seen you in a while," Hermann smiled as he put your regular in front of you.

"Yeah, rough couple of months." You took a sip of your wine. The truth was that you were scared to run into Jay or Will. You had your first kiss in this bar. It was just too painful.

"I can imagine. Haven't heard anything?" Gabbie joined the conversation.

You just shook your head.

"But we're not going to speak about him," Gabbie looked at you with a reassuring look. She could tell you didn't want to talk about it. "Now you're here, Hermann has been meaning to ask you something."

"Oh yeah?" The two look at each other before Hermann knows what Gabbie is talking about. "That's right! We are going to have a fundraiser here in the bar tomorrow to support a local kids home that burned down. We were wondering if you wanted to play some songs. Just a few, no pressure."

You had briefly worked on the case. A kids home burned down, and one of the kids died. The whole house burned to the ground. You couldn't turn this down. "Alright, I'll be here." You discussed some details for tomorrow before you want back home, having enough for the night.

The next night you were standing on a little stage they had built. Someone else went before you, and now it was up to you to sing some songs. You had your guitar in your hand, feeling a little nervous. You normally didn't play in front of crowds. The word got out that you were singing, so plenty of people from the district showed up. You even spotted Will in the crowd. You started with a cover of Home by Edward Sharpe & The Magnetic Zeros. Next was another cover; as of last, you would do the song you wrote yesterday.

"So, this next song is my own. I wrote it yesterday when I maybe had a little too much wine," you laughed. The crowd laughed along.

"Go, Y/N!" Antonio yelled.

You looked shyly down at your guitar and closed your eyes. You started to play like you were alone in your apartment.

Shouldn't you be sad right now?

Said you never liked big crowds

Acting like you like them now