3. Lyric gives me a floating blob

At dinner that night, my parents asked me how my first day back at school went.

"Blake, Loralee and I all have classes together," I mumbled into my lasagna. Devin snickered to himself, "What?" I asked defensively. 

"Tell them about what happened after school," he whispered to me. I frowned at him and slapped his arm and he chuckled to himself.

I finished my food and rinsed my plate off in the sink.

I climbed the stairs up to my room and flopped down on my bed. I took out my phone to see who I could text when I thought of Lyric.

R there any spells 2 get rid of annoying older brothers? I typed in the message and sent it, "Ambrosia Leora Flickerman!" my dad's voice thundered, "Get down here right now!"

Why does Devin have to be such a pain in my ass? I thought to myself, getting up and making my way out of my room. I heard swiftly moving footsteps racing up the stairs when my brother popped up.

"You're in big trouble now," he sneered.

Sometimes I just wished I had a little sister instead.

I went downstairs and peered around the corner into the kitchen to see my dad's burning glare aimed straight at me. My mom on the other hand, was pressing her lips together, kind of unsure of what to say or do.

I tried to be as small as possible when I approached the table, "Sit down," Dad commanded. I took a seat.

"What were you thinking?" he said, standing up, "I can't believe you did that. Picking a fight at school for no reason? It's so unlike you to do something like this, Ember," he paused, seeming to expect an answer.

I opened my mouth to answer when my mom spoke up, "What would drive you to even accept the challenge to fight or pick a fight?" she inquired, looking concerned. "This kind of thing usually gets you in trouble; both in school and out of school. If you were to have been caught by one of the teachers or even worse, the police, you might have been threatened with criminal charges for laying a single hand on that girl." 

My dad cut in, "Who knows how that poor girl's parents will react to this little battle of yours." 

My mom put her hand on my shoulder, "We just want you to be safe sweetie. We'll just give you a warning right now, but if you do this again, you will get a punishment."

I nodded my head and they let me go.

I got up and scampered up the stairs, "So how long are you grounded?" Devin's voice drifted out of his room just as I was about to push my door open. 

Smiling, I replied, "I'm not," opening the door and walking in.

I chuckled to myself, imagining the astonished look on his face.

I took my phone out and checked my messages. Blake had texted me, r u alright? I guessed he was wondering if turning into a small flying rodent had any side effects. Yes, i'm alright. I told him.

My phone sang at me telling me that I had a new text from Lyric. No. he had replied. In another message he told me Don't try any spells until you meet my mentor! Otherwise you might mess something up. I frowned at my phone. r there any small spells that I can do just if I get bored? like a play spell or something? I sent the message and waited for about five minutes before my phone sang the message tone again. There is one very small spell that doesn't take much more energy than blinking your eyes. he said. It's called the 'Light Fly Spell'. My eyes glittered with curiosity. How is it done? I asked. When he responded I saw a long text with specific instructions. It said: Cup your hands like you're holding a little ball and make sure there aren't any openings. Then whisper the words 'lumio lustras' away from your hands and make a little opening between your thumbs. Put your lips up to the opening and GENTLY blow between your thumbs and quickly close the opening. When the winds stop, slowly pull your hands apart and a small ball of light should be floating where your hands were. This is a Lustrian Float Fly. It will float around where ever you want it to so long as it doesn't get near anything too cold. If you want to control where it goes without touching it put your hands up with your palms facing it and say 'aero contrila' . This spell allows you to control any object smaller in mass than a loaf of bread.