Thunder

Travis's POV:
I looked at the door as I heard dad yell at the top of his lungs at my mom. Soon I heard the door slam into my room which startled me. My dad ran in and grabbed me by the collar of my shirt. "Listen you little brat if I FIND OUT THAT YOU GOT INTO MY OFFICE I'LL MURDER YOU" My father was pissed again because he didn't close his own door. And he tried to blame me. Like what the hell man..

I realized I was looking down rather than at him but before I could react I felt his hand fly across my face. Almost immediately I felt an all too familiar stinging feeling. He then threw me to the ground. I hit the floor with a hard thud. He then proceeds to kick me in the stomach for a minute. It hurt like hell But it wasn't that bad. He's done worse. "Look at me when I talk to you boy! Or this will be way worse. Now go to school!" His voice boomed around the room and it made me flinch. I quickly stumbled up and started running out of my room grabbing my backpack which was next to the door. I was running down the stairs when a shoe went flying by my head. I looked into the kitchen to see my mom high off something. She was so out of it that once again she forgot she had a son. I then closed the front door. Right now I just wanted to get as far as I could away from the house. Even if that meant walking in the freezing cold rain. Shit.. I looked up at the gloomy sky to see dark gray clouds. I started up the driveway when I heard a thunder crash. I hated thunder it scared me so much. I started to walk faster down the road so I could just get to the school. I looked down at my outfit realizing I hadn't changed. Good thing I had spare clothes in my backpack. You know just in case I have a bleed-through. Luckily I always wore sweats and a hoodie to bed. I hated looking at my cuts, bruises, and scars at night so I tend to cover them up. It may not have been the same purple sweater I was used to but instead, it was a soft baby blue. I don't know why but the color brought me so much comfort, when you have an abusive shit for a dad and an absent mother who could care less if you died, you grow attached to simple things.

After walking for 10 minutes I heard a car driving behind me. I stayed facing the other so I didn't cause myself any attention. Plus I was just ten minutes away from the school. I then heard a very familiar song. It was my favorite song. Believe it or not, I was into soft alternative music. As well as heavy metal but I favored the softer alternative. I loved Nirvana and McCafferty. But my favorite song was 'Custer' by Slipknot. Yeah, the song wasn't by either of my favorite artists/bands. But that didn't really matter. I then heard a familiar voice scream to the chorus. I started singing to it as well. I finally saw the car go past me. I turned to see that kid Sally Face. He stopped singing and told the driver to stop, "WAIT, Larry!"

The car came to a halt which kinda scared me with the loud noise it made. I quickly pulled my hood up and yanked the strings so he couldn't see my face and I quickly start walking. But then I was stopped by a blue haired boy. "Hey are you going to Nockfell High School?" His voice was an absolute change from what I had heard the entire morning. It wasn't aggressive, it was soft and comforting. I nodded a little and he titled his head. "Hey little dude come on! We'll give you a lift." I turned to look at Larry. Ugh flamer.. I made sure my blond hair was covering my signature bruised eye. So apparently now I just wasn't recognizable. I thought for a second. I was supposed to hate these kids.

Ever sense Sal came out as pansexual the two years ago, I was supposed to hate him more then I hate my dad. He was committing a huge sin! But it was about to rain.. And I'm still ten minutes away. Plus my dad wouldn't find out.. Right?

I nodded slowly and smiled. I hate smiling. Honestly, there's not a lot to smiled about. You should only smiled if there's actually something that makes you over the moon excited. Sally bounced up a little and pushed me towards the car. "Okay great come on. We still have time to get donuts~" He dragged his words out as he got into the backseat with me. "Okay dudes ready?" I nodded and Sally threw his hand in the air. "Hell ya let's go get these donuts!" Larry turned back on the song and started to sing it. Sally Face was a little more into it. I caught myself staring at the two. Why did I agree to this again?