♤13♤

*Mike's pov*

I look down at Will, and his eyes are open, and he's scared. "Mike." He says, in a whisper. "Yes Will?" I say, crying. "You've gotta-" Then he passes out again.

I look up at El and we quickly pick him up, put him in the basket of my bike, and we race to the hospital. Once we get there, I pick up will and I run inside, "SOMEONE, HELP HIM, HES DYING!" a doctors grabs him and the El and I wait in the lobby.

*will pov*

It's dark again, and cold. There is nothing, but I can hear everything around me. I hear doctors, and machines. Didn't I just die tho? I look around and then I see Vecna, "I have had a change of heart. No matter how broken you are, I will keep you alive. Because I'm still in you, but as soon as I'm out, it's all up to you and your body right now, will die without me."

I'm so confused, "but, why, what do you get out of this." He steps to the side, "I need an inside source to your friends." Oh, so I'm being used again. The pain comes back and I drop to the floor. "Hurts right, should've thought about that before you betrayed me."

I strain to look up at him, "why are you like this? Why keep me alive, you could flay someone else, why me?" Vecna laughs, "Well, I always thought you were inferior and weak, but, you survived the upside down, so, now I know that you are reliable. And I need a reliable host."

So this is what I get for surviving, possessed again and again. Why can't I just have a normal life. Why can't I go with Mike to Colorado. Its not fair. It's never ever fair.

*Mike's pov*
While waiting in the hospital, I had only one thing on my mind, what hill happen to will? Will it be like max, I sure hope not. I can't live without him, Will is my everything.

El grabs my shoulder and looks to me, "don't worry Mike, it'll be fine." I smack her hand away, "don't fucking touch me El, this is your fault, you wanted him gone I know it. Why can't you let him just be happy." I hate her right now.

"Mike, what? Will is my brother, why would i want him gone. I get you are upset but thats no reason to lash out on me." The funny thing is, is that shes right. I get up and walk outside.

I need air, I take a deep breath, but  my exhale is hitched by a sob. What about Colorado, what about us. Why Will, he has literally done nothing wrong his whole life.

I just wish I wasn't an asshole to him these past two years, he didn't deserve it. I put my hand on my mouth and start to cry, I just can't lose him but there is nothing I can do.

I feel a hand on my shoulder and i turn to see El. "Hey, they said we can see him now. " we speed walk inside and the nurse takes us to his room. When I walk in, I see Will hooked up to so many machines, and he's super pale. "Hey Will." I say as I sit down beside him.

*wills pov*
I sit alone in the dark until I hear a voice, "Hey will." It's Mike! "MIKE! MIKE!" I scream, but I don't think he can hear me. "Will, I don't know if you can hear me, but just know that I love you."

I have to open my eyes, I have to try. I close my eyes and focus, I hear mikes voice again, "we will be back will." No, I have to see him before he leaves. After struggling, I finally open my eyes.

Mike's back is turned as he leaves. I open my mouth, but the only thing that comes out is a small noise. Mike turns back around and he starts to cry. "Will, are you okay? Please never leave again." I see El rush out to go get a doctor.

I try to talk, but I can't, something was in the way. I put my hand on my mouth and I feel a tube. That makes sense, the doctor comes in, looking shocked. "We thought you were brain dead." I laugh, I probably was, but Vecna has other plans for me.

752 words