♤8♤

*wills pov*
Mike storms back down the stairs, but his face softens when he sees me. "Are you okay Will?" He asks. "Never mind that, what happened up there?"

"Well, El got mad at me because I kissed you, and I mean, I uhh, only did it to save you. So I don't know why she's so mad." His face was bright red and I could tell that wasn't the whole truth.

"Why did You do it though?" I said with a huge smirk on my face. "Well you said you might like me so I just, ya'know. Aughh, just, uhh, don't worry about it."

His face got even redder as he walked away, and I couldn't help but laugh. He definitely liked me back. I just wish I wasn't going to die before we could be together.

*slight time skip*

I layed down on the couch, tired outta my mind, but couldn't fall asleep. I couldn't shake the thought if I fall asleep, he will just take me. And I don't want to leave without saying goodbye.

I decide that laying with my eyes open won't do anything so I get up to go to mikes room. But to my surprise, he's already sitting on the other couch. "Hey Will, what's up?" Mike said. I laugh, "nothing much, just trying not to die." It's a morbid joke, but I'm trying to make the best out of a shitty situation.

I pat the seat next to me, "no need to sit so far away, it's not like I'm gonna sleep anyway." Mike got up and sat next to me. "Hey, Mike?" I ask. "Yeah Will?"

"If I do, somehow, make it outta this, could we maybe, ya'know, be together?" Mike's face goes red. "William Byers, are you asking me out right now?" He says, laughing. "I mean, no, unless you want me too." I say, rubbing the back of my neck. "Of course!" Mike says, pulling me in for a  hug.

Now I really hope I don't die, I finally got the love of my life. We sit up on the couch and talk for hours. "If you could choose anywhere in the world to spend your life, where would you go?" I ask. "Well, anywhere with you if I'm honest. But I'd like to live in the mountains of Colorado. In a small cabin, with a dog, and you."

A smile appears on my face, "that sounds amazing Mike." I say, leaning my head into his shoulder. Mikes hand reaches up to play with my hair, and we sit like this for hours, just enjoying eachothers company.

*hours later*

Mike eventually fell asleep and I dosed off, not fully falling asleep. I was snaps back by a voice yelling, "awee look at the two love birds!" I look up to see Dustin. My face goes red and I look at Mike, still sound asleep.

I hold a finger to my mouth, shushing Dustin and I lay my head back down. I wouldn't mind this, I just wish it could be like this forever.

514 words