20.

if ur easily triggered by mention of sa trauma u might wanna skip

if ur easily triggered by mention of sa trauma u might wanna skip. there's no scenes or depictions of it, but still warning y'all that there's light mention of it.

CHAPTER TWENTY
"JUST MIGHT"
𓈘𓈘𓈘𓈘𓈘𓈘𓈘𓈘𓈘𓈘

SERAFINA GISELLE ADAMS

"Sean, why would you lose important papers like that?" My mom said with her phone to her ear. "You thought I would just know where your stuff is? Mommy superpowers or something?"

She took the ashes news good, no crying or anything like that. She said it was fine because she already had pendants and necklaces coming in the mail for us with a little bit of his ashes in it.

I still felt bad though, the necklaces definitely made up just a little portion of the wasted ashes. I actually had to sit on the phone and let Horace talk me through cleaning my toilet and trying to get the ashes down.

I cried harder than I did when I got socked.

Spinning around in the desk chair that sat in Sean's old room, I watched as my mama looked through his drawers — trying to find his social security number card and birth certificate that he accidentally 'hid so well he forgot where it was.'

"Shouldn't he be looking for his own stuff? He's old as dirt." I spoke up, making mama nod her head — looking annoyed as she talked to him.

"Sean you are too old for this. Those are the key papers to getting everything, you shouldn't misplace th—" Pulling her phone away from her ear with a frown, she scoffed. "That lil boy hung up on me."

"Me personally? I would never let a man whose ass I wiped when he was a baby play with me like that."

"I was helping him wipe his dirty ass long after that too." She sat her phone down on top of the dresser. "Look under that mattress while I finish checking the drawers. Try looking under the bed too."