14.

TRIGGER WARNING:
talk of death in the family. skip through the chapter until you see the blue heart emoji if you're easily triggered.

CHAPTER FOURTEEN.
"GREEN LIGHT..."
𓈘𓈘𓈘𓈘𓈘𓈘𓈘𓈘𓈘𓈘

Never will l cheat on you

Never will l cheat on you. Never will I commit treason. Blowin' a bag on you, do all of that for no reason.

SERAFINA GISELLE ADAMS

"Hope you doing better. I'm a
call away if you need me.

—Treyvion"

Closing the note that was connected to the edible arrangements once I read it aloud, I pulled a chocolate strawberry off of one of the skewers — biting into it and picking my phone up.

"He gon' be a casket away if he keep playing." Nardo spoke through the phone, reminding me that we were on the phone. "He needa get some bitches, he see you taken."

"Taken by who? The lord?"

"Naw by Wickman"

"No one calls you that.." I trailed off, looking over at the roses Trey sent too. "You should step your game up, these roses making you look like the shittiest nigga in the world."

"Whenever you think I'an doing enough, remember that big ass Chanel bag I helped you re-up on."

Rolling my eyes, I made my way over to my couch before plopping down. "You coming to the funeral tomorrow?"

"... Yea, why?"

"Just asking, you don't have to go though. Don't feel like you owe it to me because a lot of people hate funerals."

"You straight?"

"I am" Frowning a little, I glanced at my phone. "Why'd you ask that?"

"I can't check up on you? I ain't heard or seen you drop a tear since he died."

"So?"

"If you'n cry after death the shit build up."

"I did" I lied right through my teeth, "And I'm fine, I think I'm grieving pretty good. Sean and my mama said that I can keep the urn here at my apartment. So I get to share a home with Big Scooby."

"Ain't think Sean lame ass would let you do anything but lay down fa' his niggas."

"..." Oh.