Chapter 5 Pack House

Phoebe
Before I knew it, we were standing outside the pack house. It was a massive, five-floor, L-shaped mansion made of large, thick red bricks. Large and frosted windows provided lots of natural light throughout the day. The enormous double Oak wood door invited you inside with its dazzling gold doorknob.
Overall, everything was stunning, especially how the interior lighting from the window decorations blended with the nighttime darkness.
It’s like the light is trying to push back the darkness, but the darkness is winning.
The top floor is reserved exclusively for the alpha family, with additional suites for visiting alphas.
All suites featured three bedrooms with a king-size bed, two bedside tables, lamps, a plasma TV mounted on the wall, and a study desk with the newest Apple Mac Pro laptop. They also featured an en-suite bathroom, a walk-in closet, a separate living room, and a kitchen area that was fully furnished with all the necessary cookware.
Damon’s quarters were separated from Alpha and Luna Black’s. His were on the other side of the wing, which suited him perfectly.
The fourth floor is similar to the alpha suites; the beta and gamma families may choose to live on the fifth level.
Leo and Elvia Wall, my parents, are the epitome of warmth and hospitality. They may be reserved, but their hearts are always open, ready to lend a listening ear.
They chose to live in their home away from the busy and noisy pack house, occasionally staying over when their duties overwhelmed them.
Currently, I’m not in my room either because I decided that, under the circumstances, I needed to return home.
The third and second floors are solely for pack members. While each floor consisted of a hundred and twenty six rooms with several bathroom facilities, each room had its own unique design created by the occupier.
Some rooms were singular, others double, and others could sleep multiple. They were all furnished with the basics, consisting of beds, dressers, plasma TVs, and a study desk, and they all had small walk-in closets.
Alpha Black, Luna Black and Damon each have separate offices on the first floor, along with a tiny kitchen and living room for when they want to relax or grab a cup of coffee. It’s also where you will find our gigantic library.
The kitchen and dining areas, which can accommodate five hundred members of our pack at once, are located on the ground floor.
Our kitchen was plain and boring with many cook-tops, work benches and several fridges. The dining area was complete with a massive dining table and several other small scattered tables behind our kitchen.
On the left of our staircase, our main living room was decorated with a few leather sofas and recliner chairs, a coffee table, and a massive floor-to-ceiling plasma TV attached to a Play Station.
Just off that is a separate games room, home to our pool table. Our games room can also function as a ballroom or party room with its own outdoor entry. Behind the staircase is where you will find our small movie theatre room.
We also have a basement downstairs with a gym, heated swimming pool and spa.
The spa was once where you would find me curled up with a good book on most nights until Damon came home. That’s why I resent him even more now. It feels like I always have to adjust my routine to avoid running into him.
Underneath our basement is an undercover bunker in case rogues attack us. It’s large enough to accommodate all our women and children who can’t defend themselves. It contains basic food and drink supplies, beds, bedding and clothing.
Outside, we have various training fields, a swimming pool, and a tennis court, among other outdoor buildings.
Our pack is situated deep in the Canadian forests and is two hours away from any civilisation. If humans were to discover us, we would become their test subjects for science experiments.
I still find it hard to accept that the skanky woman is trying to cheat me out of my luna title. I hope I make contact with her tonight; I will show her who the true luna is after I’ve beaten her to a pulp.
As we stepped inside, my nose was assaulted by the stench of alcohol, sweat, food, vomit, and sex.
I shivered, anyone would think we just entered a nightclub, but that’s our pack house, with a party in motion. I grab Tania’s hand as we approach the party room.
“Over there,” Tania points as she shouts over the blaring music.
“There’s beer pong, let’s join in!” she suggests as she leads me towards the back of the room, where other pack members are gathered around a table.
My eyes did a curious sweep as we crossed the room, searching for a familiar figure. I sighed with relief when I couldn’t see him.
The party room was decked out in multicoloured party lights while disco balls hung from the ceiling, throwing shimmering, vibrant colours around the room.
Someone had set up a fog machine right next to the portable bar in the middle of the room, leaving the party room engulfed in fog. The overall effect from the overhead lights gave off a nightclub vibe.
On the dance floor, we had a few sweaty, drunken bodies wrapped around each other and engaged in passionate embraces, while others were having a good time as they danced and swayed to the music beat.
On the other side of the room, others had their fingers gripped around a plate of food or beverage while engaging in idle chatter.
Once we reach our destination, Destah, a towering redhead girl, turns and faces me.
She looked stunning in a vibrant coloured cold shoulder dress. The dress hugged her slim waist and flowed gracefully down to her ankles in bold, eye catching colours. To complete her stylish look, she rocked a pair of white flat heel sandals. She was definitely going to turn heads tonight rocking that outfit.
“I’m sorry, Phoebe, nobody should have to go through what you are,” she sincerely stated as she caressed my arms while she spoke compassionately and gently.
“If it helps, we have all agreed to refuse to interact with her in any way, and I don’t believe anyone has said a word to her while she has been here,” she acknowledges, avoiding eye contact with me.
Destah’s fiery red hair cascades down her shoulders like a blazing sunset, commanding attention wherever she goes. Her eyes, a mesmerising shade of emerald green, sparkled with warmth and kindness, perfectly complementing her vibrant personality. When it comes to matters of importance, she can be absolutely clueless.
I sighed while giving Destah my full attention. In a soft tone, I calmly replied, “Don’t you dare Destah, would you desire to experience that? You already know that loneliness and social isolation are bad for our wolves since they raise the risk of health issues which could include heart disease, stress, depression and cognitive decline. To top that off, she is expecting.”
Even though I currently despised Sally for taking what was mine, I couldn’t let them interfere in my business even though they had my best interest at heart.
“That’s why you are our Luna,” Tania proudly exclaims. “Even the people you loathe, you still mother them,” she finishes while taking a shot of vodka. I was touched by her kind and thoughtful words.
“Beta Phoebe,” interrupts Corey as he hands me a shot. “Damon himself is keeping her locked up close to his parents out of concern for her safety,” he reluctantly confirmed to me before taking a sip of his beer.
Standing at six feet, Cory is huge, bulky, and has golden blonde hair that perfectly frames his face. His hazel eyes remind me of the earth when he holds my gaze. He has a killer six-pack that makes all the girls swoon. Not to mention, he is one of our greatest warriors. He was outgoing and enjoyed mingling with people and attending social functions.
I gasped, “They, they are not sharing?” I stammered, having trouble believing what just came out of his mouth.
“No! Wouldn’t you feel it if Damon and Sally were doing the dirty?” Tessa quietly chimed in; she was our lead female trainer. She had a thin body for her 5’8” frame, dark brown hair, and green eyes.
Boy, could she fight; she is the one who constantly challenges me during training. The remaining female pack members were too terrified of having their butts kicked. She always had a positive outlook on life with a lively attitude; I adore her.
Werewolves experience agonising pain if our mates cheat on us until the deed is completed. Painful bruising appears on our stomachs, we perspire, and if the cheating continues for an extended period, the person being cheated on may die.
“No, I haven’t experienced any pain,” I responded, feeling grateful that if I had, he would have already been castrated and strung up to die a torturous and slow death.
I fired another shot while thinking of the horrific agony I could administer to the bimbo upstairs if necessary.
Suddenly, there was a light tap on my shoulder; I spun around and hit my face against a hard, bare chest. I lost my balance and started to fall as I tried to look up to see who I had bumped into, which caused me to fall quickly. The person wanted to save me by encircling my waist with their arms so I wouldn’t fall, but I instead ended up on the cold, hard tile floor with them on top of me.
After my body had recovered from having the oxygen knocked out of me, I burst into fits of laughter since this wasn’t the first time tonight that I had hit the ground.
I looked to see who had fallen on top of me, and it was Chris, Jacob’s older cousin. Chris is a tall and athletic guy with a toned physique. He has dark, tousled hair and a mischievous twinkle in his hazel eyes.
Chris’s sense of humour is his superpower - he can always find a way to make people laugh. “What seems to be so funny, princess?” he asks while giving me a devilish smirk. He was handsome, alright, but he wasn’t my Damon.
“I just can’t seem to resist the chance to spend tonight getting close and personal with my newest love interest, the ground,” I responded, giggling uncontrollably all over again.
Chris joined me; his laughter was deep and masculine. “Are you always so funny?” he gasped out between fits of laughter.
I stuck my hand out. “No, I’m just Phoebe,” I introduced myself as I laughed again at my poor attempt at a joke.
The others around the ping pong table joined in on our contagious laughter.
Chris climbs off me and stands up, offering me his right hand to grasp. However, someone runs into him, and down we go again.
“Well, someone enjoys crushing the beta,” giggled Tania.
“Partially clothed as well. What a fine piece of meat you have between your legs, Phoebe,” added Tessa, trying not to laugh.
I smelled his scent before hearing his deep, spine chilling growl from the staircase. I felt his eyes roaming over my body that wasn’t covered by Chris’s, who was still sprawled out on top of me. My body yearned and desired his touch, but I wouldn’t give in.
My wolf stirred, taking over and tilting my head up, wanting me to go to our mate; I fought for control as she growled obscenities at me as I lay on the ground.
Chris jumps up and tugs me up next to him. Tania and Tessa quickly ran to my side. My heart rate accelerates as I hear him walk down the stairs, and chill bumps appear on my arms. I flattened out my black dress, feeling nervous and anxious despite the alcohol I had consumed.
Should I kill him or devour him? I asked myself as I licked at my suddenly dry lips. Where was my Diet Coke when I needed it?
Closer and closer he gets until finally, there he is, standing in front of me; it’s like I’m seeing him for the very first time.
I inhale a sharp breath while running my sweaty palms over my black dress.
God, he is a fine piece of male specimen, absolutely perfect. His towering figure, standing at an impressive 6’4”, is finely sculpted and toned. His dark, lustrous hair resembles the night sky. His piercing Grey eyes are wild, like storm clouds. The signs of his restless nights are visible. His chiselled jawline and short, dark stubble added to his ruggedly handsome features.
He looked terrible, but man, is he gorgeous. I definitely can’t kill him, nor could I allow that bimbo to claim him. No, it was time to fight for what was rightfully mine. “Mark, mate!” my wolf happily chants in my head.
I lick again across my dry, chapped lips and try to take a step back, but I can’t seem to move; it’s like I’m anchored directly to the floor. Did someone supper glue my feet while I was sprawled on my back?
His eyes again swept my whole body as if he were searching for something, my entire body erupting in delightful chills. “Can I mount him right here?” Ella’s dirty thought makes me shiver as my panties begin to dampen. “Just think what our tongue could do to his body,” she continued.
Yeah, I could lick him all day, and it wouldn’t be enough.
A loud bang is what I hear that sidetracks my mind as pack members run screaming in fear out of the pack house, terrified, not knowing what caused the noise.
I couldn’t stop the giggle that escaped my lips, knowing Jacob was behind it, especially when I could see the white flash of light and a tiny bit of smoke.
Yes, there are several different indoor pyrotechnics (fireworks) that can be used; Jacob used the one named Flash Pot.
Not seeming to be bothered with what’s happening around us, Damon grabs me, pulling me into his hard chest, dropping his head into the crook of my neck, inhaling my scent.
“Mate, mine,” he lowly growled, pulling me closer.
Lifting his head and shooting Chris a piercing gaze, he lowly growls, “If I catch you with her again, I will kill you,” the murderous glare he sent Chris had him scurrying away.
He slowly took a step backwards and dragged his eyes over my body.
His worried gesture had me doubled over in laughter, tears running down my face; I know I shouldn’t, but I can’t stop. He’s worried now, the irony of it.
He angrily glares at each of my friends. “Who got her this way?” he screams out, using his alpha command.
“You did, my friend,” Jacob yelled out as he emerged from the shadows of the back wall heading towards us.
“I should kill you for what you have put her through, so don’t stand there all high and mighty and acting as if you care for her,” he came to a complete stop in front of Damon and stood there glaring with his fists clenched.
“Who will it be, Mr Alpha Boy, our true Luna or that bimbo upstairs?” he bellows.
“But, if you need help deciding, I have a spare firecracker that I would gladly shove up your backside and hope and pray that it bangs the right sense into your empty head,” he gives him a scornful smile as he lifts his nose in the air, sniffing around until his gaze lands on Tessa.
Are they mates? I mused. She stands there with a happy glint in her eyes.
Damon let out a warning growl, “Don’t get involved, Jacob. It has nothing to do with you,” he answered back, outraged at being challenged, while picking me up and carrying me towards the garage, muttering that we needed to talk.
While secretly enjoying being in my mate’s arms, I was still very angry with him. So, being the nice person I was, I pounded my fists into his back.
He wasn’t going to get away with treating me like crap and then expecting me to go away with him all happy-like, without putting up a fight. So, a performance is what I put on, even if it is for the sake of appearances.