If only

Uhm i published this before but smth glitched and some of it deleted -_-

Anyway ive given up trying to remember the rest soooo yeh

//third person's pov//

"Art, are you feeling any better?" Tessia asked.

"A little."

Tessia had a pained smile on her face as she questioned her husband, "you're lying aren't you my love."

"No I'm not Tess, why would you think that," Arthur grunted.

"Because I've known since you were four. It's been two decades since then...You're not getting better are you..." She mumbled.

Instead of replying and reassuring his wife he simply turned his azure eyes outside the window. While inside the room was bland with white sheets and white walls with curtains, outside was beautiful. It had roses, lilys, irises, peonies and so much more.

The colours of amethyst purple, crimson red, a flow of blue with a lush, jade coloured background.

His eyes longed to be in the garden, but no matter his pleading and begging, everyone wanted to elongate his life. His miserable almost torturous life.

"C-can I go outside today? Please Tess. I'm going to die anyway and I want to do it after I've walked through the garden with you..." Arthur implored once more.

"I..."

"And we can be together longer

"Please love..."

Tessia stared into his eyes, how they begged to be outside. To feel the golden sun warm his body from head to toe, to feel the soft, almost fluffy grass by his feet. His eyes pleading for a chance.

Her heart grew weak as she gazed at him. His toned structure that is now breaking down. His illness getting worse and she could only watch. She wanted to agree. She wished that she could but her heart would not allow it. She refused to believe the situation. She could not physically realise she was going to lose him.

"I love you..." she breathed. Her eyes clouded with pain. Her love could not keep him alive, but it could make him happy. As happy as he ever could be. She promised that the day they said 'I do.'

"..I love you too. So please, please let me out."

"...O-ok Art," she spoke. "We can go outside today..." She knew, once she let him out of these white walls, he would never come back.

"R-really? Y-you're serious right? You can't take this back Tess!" His face lit up. She now felt as if she had looked into the past, how bright his eyes were, how much they shined and twinkled. But she knew at that moment she would not be able to see it again.

-------------

//Arthur's pov//
These confined walls that caved me in, made me unable to move... had finally opened.

My legs shook but strength charged through them as I stared at her. I wish I could stay.

She deserves so much more than a breaking body. She deserves someone who can give her everything she could possible want and more. Someone who can give her children and stay by her side to watch them grow into mature adults. Someone who doesn't have a stupid illness that stops them from doing anything.

I promised her the world from that day. The day I put a ring on her finger and vice versa. I swore to grant her any money, support and children. To stay and watch our children get married, have kids of their own. I promised...

Yet here we are, her walking beside me. It was as if I was a ticking time bomb.

I'm so pathetic...

I'm sorry Tess, I vowed to protect you, I vowed to stay by you, I vowed to... give you a family...

"Art, we're here!"

My eyes shot up to see the enchanted, majestic land of Elenoir. How the emerald leaves and amethyst deadnettles complimented each other... Was beautiful.

Seeing my gorgeous wife's eyes sparkle and brighten as she lead me through the fields of cyan hydrangeans and chrysanthemums both white and red sprinkled around. Her gunmetal hair woven into a loose braid covering her upper back getting hit by sunlight, her gleaming teal eyes screaming happiness. They were like carefully molded gems that looked surreal, almost phantasmal work of art.

My heart shrieking in delight as I watched her smile and laugh with no worry in the world, the thing I missed most. Her mischievous little giggle and her light but contagious laugh. My love I hope this day will never end.

//third person's pov//

As she dances along the flowers and plants, the sun pushes through the trees as if honoring a god, a deity, an angel, he stares at her beauty both inside and out.

His heart cracking and shattering while mending itself. His eyes fought pain and anguish against his proud and joy self. He unconsciously began to walk towards her. He stared with love in his eyes forgetting about his illness for a second.

He felt his arms move with hers and felt his legs shadow hers. Their fingers intertwined as they both wordlessly followed each other with smiles gracing their lips. Everything they did was laced with affection and pain.

Arthur felt a claw ripping at all his organs and limbs but he stayed tied to his first friend in this life, his best friend, his closest friend who turned into his girlfriend to fiancée to his wife...

She saw his vulnerable state and instead of being shocked or confused she dropped to the floor to hold him. She saw his anger but also his fear inside. He saw her insecurities, addressed them and took them away. He saw her beauty but also the loneliness inside.

They matched eachother. Loved each other. They are prepared to risk their life as long as the other could live.

Their final memory together was not gonna be the sadness inside a blocked and closed room. It was gonna be dancing in each other's arms, giggling and smiling as if they had no worry in the world.

Now as Arthur layed on the ground of lilies and orchards she wept. They were each others right person...

They just didn't have enough time...

_-_-____________
Hi!
I haven't updated as much cuz i was in exam period for like two weeks.
Ive been stressed 😭😭
And i did this at school so mistakes have been made 😭😭