Volume 1, Chapter 2

ابدأ من البداية

"But-"

"You spent all your life as Adrien, and as Chat Noir looking out for other people. The only vaguely selfish thing you've ever done is using the Cat Miraculous to search for your mother, and honestly that can barely even be classed as selfish when it's only half for you and half for her sake."

Adrien felt his heart pump. His chest ached, partially from the injury he'd sustained earlier (the Miraculous could only protect the bearers so much), but mostly from the idea of the deceit Plagg had suggested. His gut twisted at the thought, to put the fate of the miraculous and Paris at risk like that, but as he thought on it a moment, his determination grew. He couldn't possibly give this up. He was helping people, and he was getting closer to figuring out what happened to his mother. But most of all, it was his only way to be free. His only escape. Nobody was going to take it away from him, "We're going to have to make sure Luka stays silent."

~

It had been a few days since the incident, and Adrien had been waiting for a moment of leniency in his schedule. Every day he put off talking to Luka, the higher the likelihood he would have told someone, but Adrien had learned long ago not to try and fight against his father's wishes directly. It was quite sad that the only influence the man seemed to have in Adrien's life was him getting Nathalie to book work for him. Ever since Adrien's mother disappeared, the man had spent less and less time around him – and he hadn't ever exactly been a hands-on parent to begin with. Today, opportunity struck. His fencing class was cancelled – the instructor was down with the flu, and his afternoon ad shoot was cancelled. Thankfully, Natalie had the kindness to keep quiet about cancellations, presumably so she could give him a semblance of free time. He'd spoken to Nino in school earlier today, and the two were planning to drop by a Kitty Section rehearsal on the Couffaine boat.

"Yo dudes and dudettes," Nino plopped his arm around Alya, who had come along too. The band had been practising for weeks, and the couple had arranged to come watch the dress rehearsal. The timing couldn't have been more perfect, with a quiet word he'd been able to third wheel, giving him an excuse to grab Luka for a 'chat'. The trio sat down to watch the performance, interrupted for a second by Anarka (Luka's mum), who kindly came around to offer drinks and refreshments. Nino looked over at Adrien concernedly, flashing his eyes at the model's leg, which promptly brought the realisation that he'd been bouncing it the whole time, mostly out of nerves. He took a deep breath and calmed himself. Channelling his inner model, to project calm.

He looked over at Nino, "It's nothing. I just got a song idea in my head, that's it."

The tan boy nodded, seeming satisfied with the explanation and looked back at the band. Kitty Section were getting really good; the players had obviously all been practising regularly, and Rose's singing really tied it all together. His eyes wandered to the blue haired boy, and not for the first time he noted his attractiveness. A little older than Adrien, Luka had a slender height to him, and a strong roman nose. He had that gravitas that came with height, which always helped. He could be a model, especially with his unique fashion sense. Having practically been raised in the business, Adrien had an eye for what sold to modelling agency. It didn't take long after seeing the types that made it big before he'd figured out the pattern.

Finally, the band finished the piece, and Adrien stood, ready to intercept the blue haired boy. Nino stood too, taking the motion as an implication for applause. Adrien smiled and clapped politely, whilst Alya gave a hoot of approval.

"You guys are getting hella good you know," she moved forward, to tackle Marinette with a hug.

"Yeah absolutely," the blond nodded, and caught Luka's eye for a second. The rest of the band had begun to pack up their instruments. "Hey, Luka would you mind, I need some advice with a song I've been trying to write."