she by no means wanted to have a conversation with the being responsible for the death of her twin, but she knew she had to distract him to give the others a chance to save her.

📻🪐🏹

"mattie, mattie!" eddie hollered, the four of them running towards the blonde.

"don't tell me she's in a goddamn trance," steve replied upon hearing no response.

they finally reached her, and eddie began shaking her shoulders softly. "mattie? mattie! mattie, come on, i'm not doing this again. especially not with you."

the others watched him sympathetically as his voice grew more desperate. "mattie, you're not doing this to me, come on! come on, damn it!"

"we need to—" nancy started, only to be cut off as tillie's body began lifting into the air. "—find her some music. and quick."

📻🪐🏹

"you see, matilda," vecna started. "you hold a tremendous amount of guilt. for not helping chrissy, for disappointing your family and friends.. you have a magnificent hatred for yourself, and for others."

"that's not true," she shook her head, a small tear escaping her eye.

"it's not? i've seen your cries, matilda. your pain consumes you. you feel like a piece of you is dead inside, and that only grew with chrissy's death."

"stop talking like you know me," she seethed. "you've been inside my head a grand total of five minutes, you don't know shit about who i am."

"oh, but i do," vecna nodded, trailing his finger across her jawline, making a small cut. "you are just like me."

— 📻🪐🏹 —

"shit, wheeler," eddie hissed. "what music do you own?"

"er, a lot of classical, there's some beatles, er.. some billy joel," she replied hastily. "maybe a little madonna.."

"that won't do," he shrieked, completely rid with panic and fear. "do you have a guitar?"

"a guitar?" nancy repeated. "what, like an electric guitar?"

"electric, acoustic, i don't give a fuck!" eddie yelled. "any guitar will do!"

"yeah, we should still have a guitar in the basement," nancy informed him, and immediately the boy began running back in the direction of the house.

the other three began to join him, but robin quickly stopped steve.

"you're not coming," she hissed. "stay here with tillie, and be prepared to catch."

"what?" steve screeched.

"she's like over ten feet in the air, steve," the girl told him, running backwards. "if she snaps out of it and drops to the floor she will break something. so, as i said, get under her and be prepared to catch!"

the three entered the house, and nancy and eddie darted to the basement to locate the guitar, whilst robin dealt with dustin, who'd been frantically trying to contact them.