Chapter 75

Two Days Later

Two Days Later...

Steve woke up with his arms tightly around Kim's body, her back pressed against his chest. He kissed her from her shoulder up to her cheek before realizing she was already awake. From the look of the dark circles under her eyes she hadn't slept at all. Steve pulled her closer to him, worried about her. Usually after they stopped the end of the world, Kimmy was fine, she was able to go back to normal. Last time, it had been difficult with losing Hopper, but they had still closed the gate. His death had meant something. But this time... Steve just wanted to hold her until Kim realized she wasn't as alone as she felt.

Kim shifted so that she was facing him. For his sake, she tried to smile as she reached up to play with his messy hair. "Morning, Bed Head."

He rolled his eyes jokingly before kissing her forehead. "Did you know that I want to wake up to you every morning?" he said, placing a kiss on her face after each word. "For the rest of my life."

"Very cheesy, Harrington," she smiled sleepily.

"You want me to make breakfast for us?" he asked, starting to sit up. "We promised Nancy we would help with donation stuff."

"Yeah, sure, breakfast sounds nice."

She sat on the Harrington kitchen counter in one of Steve's tee shirts while he made french toast, knowing it was her favorite. As nice as it was for two teenagers in love to have an empty house, Kim couldn't help but want to smack some sense into Mr. and Mrs. Harrington. Even the potential end of the world couldn't pull them away from a business trip. When they had heard the news about an earthquake in Hawkins they had asked if the house, the cars, and their other stupid materialistic things were still intact, almost forgetting to tell Steve that they were glad he was safe and that they love him.

After finishing their breakfast, Steve and Kimmy went to go get ready. She went to the drawer of her clothes in Steve's room and pulled out a turtleneck, wanting to hide the bruise the vines had left on her neck. She grabbed a pair of jeans and a graphic tee to layer over the turtle neck as well before starting on her hair and makeup. As always, Kim was ready before Steve was. Once he had gotten his hair just how he wanted it, he held out Kim's makeup bag to her, a hopeful look on his face.

Knowing what he wanted, she smirked. "You know, you really need to learn how to do this yourself, Stevie Boy."

"Why would I do that when you can do it for me?" he grinned.

She quickly got to work covering his scars from the fight, occasionally placing kisses on the bruises and gashes. Steve didn't consider himself a completely vain person (sure he swore by Farrah Fuccett spray, but he didn't get the nickname Steve 'the Hair' Harrington for nothing) but the scars he always got from saving the world made him self conscious. Technically, he knew how to use the foundation and concealer from watching Kim, but it was always so much more fun when she did it. The occasional kisses were a fantastic addition.