20

The next day Ella was riding the elevator up to the Thompson Management office floor

The next day Ella was riding the elevator up to the Thompson Management office floor. She took a deep breath watching the numbers rise.

Sebastian and her had gone over what she should say but her heart was still beating against her chest, her hands sweaty.

The elevator doors slid open and she stepped out. She went through her usually Monday morning routine: check voicemails as she reorganized and tidied Melissa's office, reprinting schedules, setting up the meeting room, she brewed a pot of coffee and so on. 

"Good morning," Melissa smiled as she made her way out of the elevator. It had been about an hour since Ella had gotten there.

"Morning," Ella took her boss's purse and jacket, following her into her office.

"What's on the agenda today?" Melisa rounded her desk, picking up a copy of the schedule.

"A couple afternoon meetings, there's a call with Paramount at eleven but that's about it. Legal is almost done with the revised Abrams contracts," Ella explained, "Breakfast is on its way."

"How was your weekend?" Melissa looked up at the blonde with a smile.

"It was good," Ella mustered up the confidence to keep talking, wiping a sweaty hand on her skirt, "Can I talk to you about something?"

Melissa nodded, "Take a seat."

"Uhm," Ella sat down across from her boss, her clip board in her lap, fingers holding on to the top of it. She felt like she was going to throw up she was so nervous.

"I uhm," Ella hummed.

"Ella," Melissa looked at her, her tone soft and motherly, their eyes met, "What ever it is, it's okay."

"I've been seeing someone," Ella started.

Melissa smiled, she thought of Ella like a daughter so she liked knowing she was happy made her happy. And she had noticed her smiling more and with a bit more pep in her step over the last couple of weeks.

"He's going abroad for a while to do some work and I want to go with him," she purposely avoided saying his name, "I'm willing to work from my computer if you'd like but also if you just want to let me go, I understand that as well. But I think I have to go, not just for him but for my own growth."

"Who is this man?" Melissa questioned.

"Uhm it's Sebastian," Ella spoke timidly.