"Well hello to you too brother. Did you lost your manners throughout the years that you haven't been in this house?" Mathias said as he was shaking his head with the same evil eyes and sick smile. Fucking bastard that should have been swallowed not born.

"Fuck you." I said as I was looking at him. I was furious, I should have killed that bastard the first day I left. He didn't deserve to live after everything he has done to me. Maybe I was never a favourite kid but at least they looked like as if  they cared for me before him.

Me and my brother were the exact opposites. He had a blond hair and dark brown eyes while my hair were almost black and my eyes were blue as two fucking oceans. He was always the hero looking like prick while I always looked like as if I was in my villain arch.

"Why the harsh words brother? Just because I outsmarted you once again?" He asked, walking around me and Athena. He came behind her and grabbed her hair, pulling her head back.

"Touch her again and I will fucking rip your arm off and make you swallow it," I said as I was looking at him as if I wanted to rip his head off which I did want even without this happening but the thought of him hurting my Athena made my blood boil more then anything else in this fucking universe.

"Awh, you're just like little dog. Always barking but never doing shit." Mathias said with little smirk on his face as he pulled out a knife and traced Athena's face with it, cutting her a little making her hiss. Either way she was unfazed by his little stunt.

"You found yourself a brave one, Athena Violet Lenoir. The violet assassin, am I right? You and her were unstoppable, everyone was scared of you and no one wanted to get on your bad side. But I didn't care, I was already on your naughty list and you didn't even think about taking me down. But after the big love story of two assassins that could only be compared to Bucky and Natasha was over and you started to work on your own and that's when I stared to plot my plan against you." Mathias started talking and for the first time I wanted to know what that brain of a pigeon came up with.

"You and Athena were fighting a lot right? That's why you broke up. All those difficult missions with so many obstacles and vouila you two were as old Italian couple just with bad ending. You, Kai started to focus on your own life that was slowly crushing you cause that one person that understood you and loved you just left and never came back while Athena was doing the same and you were distracted. I gave you few years to make you both hate each other or at least be so desperate that one of you would need to die for the other to move on." So all of it was his fault. He was always in my life, making it crush under my feet. He was the one that broke me multiple times.
Made my heart bleed and made me hate myself.

He arranged our lives. We were just his little puppets that he was playing with. Everything went according to plan. He had it all planned out to make me fucking break.

"On Athena's birthday I saw you in your car, all sad and broken that you're not with her and I knew that it was my time to shine. I knew that if you would kill her the guilt would eat you up but in that moment you knew that it was your only opinion. So I waited till you came home after I bugged your car. You came home and I called you with a good deal. You can move on and you even get money for it and you accepted. You were blinded by desperation while Athena was blinded by anger and revenge, everything went according to plan. The masquerade was such an amazing event for you two to kill each other but you decided not to which I of course counted with." He said, being proud of himself. I was so mad at him. I was mad at myself too cause I fell for his trap. He was playing games and I was going by the rules that he made without even knowing it.

"You two idiots ran away with faking each others death but you didn't think about me having two phones that I could have called from. You two just wanted a cute happy life, away from everything with money that you had but I sadly ruined it for you." He continued with fake pity for us.

"You were so blinded by your love and lust and shit that you just made it too easy for me. But now I think that it's time for this little game of ours to end. There is a timer and there you have two guns as you can see. My guards will untie you now. One of guns has a blank bullet inside and the other one has a sharp one. Your mission is to take the gun in front of you and shoot the other one. You have 20 minutes to do it." What? This was stupid. This can't be, I knew I could take them down. Me and Athena could but I also knew that he would come up with plan B, C all the way to Z.

One thing that my brother was good in was making plans and making people go by the rules that he created. He had a hero mask on but inside he was a evil mastermind.

"What if the time runs up?" Athena asked unamused.

"Then it will get only worse and I will make you starve, dehydrate and then bring maybe two cups or two meals. In every scenario, one of you will be left alone." Mathias said with shrug before he walked out of basement and closed the heavy metal door with thud.

The guards untied us and then left leaving me and Athena alone. The timer started with one beep.

And then the game begun.