Chapter 21: Pretend Play

Start from the beginning

Jeongyeon: Ow! What the heck—

Jimin: Jeongyeon! *looking surprised*

Jeongyeon eyed Jimin from head to toe. He was only wearing his plain white shirt and pajama and his undone hair was noticeable. The air suddenly blew which sent chills to them both.

Jimin: God! It's cold! Stay there... don't— don't go anywhere or do anything stupid.

Jeongyeon: Mwo??

Jimin: *went inside his apartment and came back with a hoodie and a blanket* Let's go, wherever. *gave the hoodie to Jeongyeon and spread out the blanket*

They were slowly walking when Jeongyeon stopped after realizing that Jimin actually brought a blanket.

Jeongyeon: Yah, is that a blanket?

Jimin: Ne, wae?

Jeongyeon: You're ridiculous, what are we doing? Are we having a picnic?

Jimin: Stop complaining, my other hoodies are in the laundry.

Jeongyeon: Tss, you're really something.

Jimin: So, where are you taking me?

Jeongyeon: Where were you going?

Jimin: None, I was already sleeping when your friend called me.

Jeongyeon: Jinjja.

Jimin: And what were you doing in front of my apartment? You wanted to see me, didn't you? *winks*

Jeongyeon: Aniya. I was sleepwalking. Thanks to you, I got to wake up.

Jimin: Haha! Okay, if that's what you want me to believe. But you know, Jihyo called and she's so worried about you. She asked me to follow you and look out for you. Did you two argue?

Jeongyeon: It was just a misunderstanding. She was insisting that I should be pissed off because of what happened yesterday morning.

Jimin: Yesterday... ah, you mean with Popcorn, Parkies?

Jeongyeon: Right.

Jimin: Are you not? I expected you to be pissed off too. I actually wanted to say sorry, but I really did not know how to approach you.

Jeongyeon: I'm not pissed.

Jimin: Really? Even though they caught us?

Jeongyeon: Caught us?

Jimin: Ne, that I live in front of your house.

Jeongyeon: There's nothing else that we can do. Besides, people know how head over heels you are for me.

Jimin: *chuckles* Wowww.

Jeongyeon: What?

Jimin: I'm not denying it. I'm head over heels for you, Yoo Jeongyeon.

Jeongyeon was taken aback when Jimin suddenly turned her to face him. It was as if she was looking right into his soul as she examined his eyes which were full of sincerity. She only noticed that she actually stopped breathing for a moment when he spoke again.

Jimin: I haven't said this properly, I'm sorry. But I just want to be clear about my intentions. I like you, and intending to marry you one day.

Jeongyeon: Jimin...

Jimin: So learning that you were not pissed off about yesterday—it... it made me happy. I don't want to assume but it could mean that you're almost ready to—

Jeongyeon: Jimin, I don't want you to—

Jimin: Hold on, please. I'm not pressuring you. I am just saying that I felt happy after knowing that. But whatever it is that is on your mind, I'd understand. But know that I am willing to wait. Even if it takes months or years. Anyway, we can't marry yet right? *giggles*