“Okay, see you later, Mr. Lu.”

During the P.E session, students came out of the class and went to the field.

Ning Li and Lu Huaiyu came out from the teacher’s office together.

Normally, Ning Li alone was capable of turning heads. Lu Huaiyu walking beside her was an even more intriguing sight.

A large number of students eyed them curiously, eager to find out what had happened.

“Is that Ning Li? I heard she was called to the teacher’s office because she was suspected to be in a relationship with Pei Song. Who is that next to her? He’s so handsome!”

“I think that’s her brother. He used to pick her up after night self-learning class, but it was too dark and too far for me to see clearly at the time. He’s even more handsome than I thought!”

“Brother? As far I know, she doesn’t have a brother, at least not an older one. I heard her mother does have a son but he is younger.”

“He’s not her real brother but they are quite close. I remember he came for her during the parent-teacher meeting the other day.”

“So does it mean that the rumors are true? Is that why he was called here?”

“I’m not sure. If it was true, at the very least the school would announce it or post a notice. I saw Pei Song walking back to his class alone and it didn’t look like he had been charged with anything.”

The students were in a heated discussion.

Ning Li did not really care about the way other people looked at her. However, with Lu Huaiyu by her side, she felt bothered and anxious.

Lu Huaiyu had remained silent since he came out of the office.

She snuck a glance at him.

His handsome features showed only calmness, but his brows looked as frigid as ice which made him look distant.

She wanted to say something but did not know what was appropriate.

Lu Huaiyu looked at her and asked, “How’s Jingcheng?”

Ning Li was caught off guard as she had not expected this question.

“What?”

Lu Huaiyu rephrased his words and said, “Compared to Lincheng, how was Jingcheng?”

Lincheng was a rural city while Jingcheng was the capital of this country.

“Second brother, I don’t think you can compare both places with each other.”

Chapter 119: Your Second Brother

“Of course there’s something you can compare. As long as you want to, there is always something to compare.”

Lu Huaiyu did not find his question strange at all.

Ning Li pondered the question. “Actually, it’s almost the same.”

If it had been before Yunzhou, she would have definitely said Lincheng.

Now, places did not matter anymore.

Lu Huaiyu grinned. “I always thought you liked the place you call home.”

The girl was just 17. No matter how much she had been through, she was still a minor. How could she not miss her home?

Ning Li narrowed her eyes slightly as she smiled. However, the smile on her face was weak.

“Mhmm, it used to be.”