Chapter 30 - Fateful Encounter

Start from the beginning

Moreover, it had given a home to the miraculous guardians whose task was to ensure the safety of those families as well as the ancient scrolls about these valuable jewels. To keep their existence a secret it was important to build the temple in a place where no one could find it.

At the foot of the mountain was a small village. Although the villagers knew about the temple's presence, they all believed that it was an abandoned building. Even mythology had been spreading around about people getting lost and never returning from the mountain's forest. There were people though who were curious to see the mysterious temple with their own eyes but climbing up on that mountain was a nearly impossible task to do.

But not for Chat Noir.

In a blink of an eye, he already hoped up - with the help of his staff - on top of the mountain. Thanks to his costume, he couldn't feel the cold and the rare air that would have made his breathing heavy up there. Only the sights of the frosted grass and flowers could make him imagine how cool the air really was.

Following the narrow path, he made his way toward the temple's entrance.

After taking a deep breath, he knocked on the door.

Shuffling noises sounded as the old man approached the wooden gate and slowly opened it.

"You came faster than I expected." Master Fu said, letting out a smile at the sight of the black-dressed hero.

"You sent the message yourself, Master that I must visit you as soon as I can. So here I am!" Chat Noir smiled back at his master - bowing at him.

The old man nodded, then letting the hero enter first, he closed the gate behind them. Without saying anything more, they made their way to the training hall.

The hall's design represented the ancient times well. The floor alongside the walls was made of a pine tree. Even though they were at the same age as the temple's walls - about 1000 years - they still hadn't started to rot. Maybe it was thanks to the unique weather they had up here, or maybe it was something else that kept the wood the same, Chat had no idea.

In the center of the hall, there was a tatami - decorated with symbols that were similar to his family's sign

In the center of the hall, there was a tatami - decorated with symbols that were similar to his family's sign. It was too similar. However, no matter how many times he had asked the master about it, he had always changed the subject - meaning he either couldn't tell him the reason or he just didn't want to. In time, he had given up to find out - "it can be a coincidence" he convinced himself and just let it go.

When they arrived at the training hall, Fu opened the sliding door and entered the room. Chat followed him and was surprised to see that the place where he had been training for years, didn't change a thing. The tatami was right in their place, the old bookshelf was still full of ancient books and scrolls. The window on the left side was letting the sunrise in - painting the room with vivid yellow and orange colors as the sun was about to set.