~ Je suis très confus.. ~

art by @/WhitebunnieChu on Twitter

~I'm very confused..~

TW: Slight Homophobia
~~~~~~

Nuo was the first person Xiao deeply loved, wholeheartedly. She was his first everything. They did everything together. Xiao was not one to care about keeping ties with people, especially after Profanus. Anyone he had met that seemed to care for him had simply left or died. Xiao took that as a sign that he shouldn't even bother anymore. That was until Nuo appeared in his life, completely amazed by each other. They met on a sunset day, orange and yellow covering the sky.

"Hi, I'm Nuo! Nice to meet you!"

"..That's how we met." Xiao looked back up at Aether.

"I'm getting serious déjà vu.. Isn't that how we met?" Aether said, putting a shirt on. "You know, besides the unwelcome greeting from you." The blond grinned.

"Yes. I suppose." The Yaksha responded.

He looked puzzled.

"Hey, what's wrong?" Aether asked lifting Xiao's chin.

"Nothing, I just find it a bit odd. Us meeting the same way."

"I find it funny how the two people you fell madly in love with met the same way."

Xiao's mind darted back to a memory of him and Nuo.

Her last living moments. Her eyes slowly blinked, she was covered in blood. Xiao held her body in his arms. The bodies of fierce fallen soldiers were scattered everywhere around them. Pools of blood in every crevice and crater of the ground. The battle still happening around them, with the Archons going head to head. The Yaksha's golden eyes that seemed drained of emotion were welling up with tears. "What? No. Please. You can't. What will I do without you? I need you, Nuo. Please don't leave me." The tears started to fall and fall. "Shhhh. Don't. This-this is not goodbye..my darling.." Nuo breathed out. "When I appear again..it won't be..me anymore. Someone tied to me, instead.." She coughed.

"What? What are you talking about?" Xiao hastily asked. "Aether." Nuo spoke. "I-I love you-" Her pupils stopped moving before she could finish. "Nuo? My love, please. Open your eyes." Xiao's tears continued dropping onto his past lover's face. Cloud Retainer rushed to his side. "Vigilant Yaksha, we must—" Her eyes fell onto Nuo's dead body. "Come on, let's go." Xiao got up and walked away. He wiped away his tears as if they were meaningless.

~~~

"You're Nuo." Xiao stared at Aether.

"What are you talking about?" Aether furrowed his eyebrows.

~~~~~~~

Nuo and Lumine decided to meet again.

Lumine wanted her brother back, and Xiao was stopping her from achieving that. Lumine needed to be the most important person in his life.

"How about we create something to erase everything about Aether from Xiao's mind?" Nuo started brainstorming. "That way I can have him back again!" She smiled.

"Also, I get to have my Aether back again." Lumine grinned. "Wait—is that even possible?"

"They're so deeply in love with each other—"

"Haha! Don't say that!" Nuo's eyes turned a deeper red than they usually were.

"Fine, fine, I won't." Lumine scoffed.

"I don't think you understand. Those gay freaks don't love each other! He belongs with me!"

"I didn't know Nuo's demon's side would be this..insane." Lumine whispered to herself.

"What'd you say??" Nuo started to walk closer to Lumine.

"Nothing. Let's just get back track, please." Nervousness flooded the blonde's veins.

"Let's.." Nuo air quoted her. "What makes you think I need you?"

"I was the one who released you! You need me!" Lumine yelled.

"Do I now?" Nuo whispered.

~~~~~~~
A/N

im sorry for being so inconsistent, however it probably wont get any better.

i start school soon.

i hope you enjoyed this chapter

thank you for reading

i apologise for any spelling mistakes

i love you

632 words