~ Le Soin Que J'ai Pour Lui ~

art by yiluoran388/Lofter

~ The Care I Have For Him ~
~~~~~~~~~~~~

A few days later, Aether and Paimon finally decide to go to Wangshu Inn to eat.

Paimon fought for Xiangling's Dad, Chef Mao.

But, of course Aether wanted Wangshu Inn for a reason.

His mind was supposed to keep him in check, not to want to see Xiao, but his heart overpowered him.

Aether couldn't control the desire to see Xiao again.

It didn't matter if he wasn't there, but he at least wanted to be in the same place as him.

~~~~~~~

When Aether arrived, he sat down with Paimon waiting for the waitress to come and take his order.

"Hi! How are you today?" The waitress asked with a smile across her face with he notepad in her hand.

"I'm fine! Thank you for asking." Aether replied to the waitress.

"Great! What would you like to order?" She asked.

"Um, what about-" As Aether started talking about his order, he saw another waitress, a man, running towards him.

He was out of breath from running. Aether's eyes were curious.

"T-The-The boss wants to see y-you!" The man said panting, with his hands on his knees.

"Okay, let me go fast then." Aether said as he got up in a hurry.

~~~~~~~~~

As Aether rushed up the stairs, he reach the boss.

Verr Goldet wanted him to do something very strange..

"Yesterday, I caught a glimpse of my guest, Xiao." Verr said.

"When I caught a glimpse I saw something that I've never seen Xiao do to anyone." Verr continued.

"He was wearing your scarf around his neck!" She said with a smile."

Aether was shocked. He was stunned. There weren't enough words to describe his shocked behaviour.

Aether's cheeks were red.

"Today, he is in a relatively bad mood, and I assume you all have gotten quite close?" She asked.

"I mean, he was wearing your scarf."

"Ah, no, no." He said reassuring Verr. His cheeks were still red.

"Yesterday I was assigned to check out Guili Plains because of a monster situation, and Xiao was there." Aether explained

"He was injured, so I put a scarf around his wound to stop it from bleeding." Aether continued.

"Well it is currently around his neck." Verr mumbled.

Aether blushed again and put his hands over his face.

"I-I don't know.." Aether said worried

"Please?" Verr asked again with a pleading voice.

"F-Fine!" Aether screamed after a few moments of silence.

"But, I'm ONLY going to get MY scarf back." Aether hissed as he crossed his arms.

Deep inside, Aether knew that wasn't true.

"It's fine if you want to get your scarf back, but if you don't want to get scolded, you should bring him some almond tofu." Verr advised Aether.

"Xiao is always on the roof when he comes back to the inn." She knew Xiao all too well.

~~~~~~~~~
Stupid Xiao, have to make him almond tofu. Ugh. Aether muttered to himself.

Aether decided to make him the almond tofu.

He wanted to put Xiao in a good mood no matter how sour Aether was.

~~~~~~

Aether went up to the roof with his almond tofu, and saw the handsome man in front of him.

He was definitely wearing his scarf around his neck.

Aether cheeks were red again.

Xiao immediately knew who it was. He could feel it.

"What do you want?" He asked in a cold tone.

"Well, I came to give you some almond tofu!" "I heard it was your favourite!" Aether said smiling and ecstatic.

Xiao was turned around, but his eyes expanded as he smelt the delicious tofu.

It smells, good.. Xiao thought

When Xiao turned around, his eyes were back to normal size full of coldness to hide his excitement.

Even though he took the extra mile, of trying to seem his expression was how it always was, Aether could see the hunger he had for it.

Aether smiled and handed the plate out to him, along with chopsticks.

The adeptus silently ate it, as Aether was looking out to the distance, avoiding eye contact with Xiao to make sure he wasn't uncomfortable.

After Xiao was done eating, Aether decided to ask the Yaksha a question.

"It's Xiao, right?" Aether turned and looked at him with a bright smile. Aether's eyes glowed in the sunset, and the lighting was perfect on his body.

Xiao was flustered by the male, but tried to hide it.

"Why do you want to know?" Xiao's arms folded on his chest as he talked coldly to Aether.

"So then it is Xiao." Aether said laughing

"Its nice to meet you, I'm Aether." He said smiling.

"And?" Xiao replied back coldly.

Aether let out a slight cough and frowned.

Xiao sighed. "Uh, thank you for the almond tofu." He muttered and disappeared in a blink of an eye.

Black smoke appeared as he left.

Aether smiled. "You're welcome." Aether mumbled under his breath.

Aether looked out into the sunset sky as the sun kissed his face.

"You're welcome." He repeated

Wait, he still has my scarf..

~~~~~~~~~
A/N

WOW 844 WORDS-
I'm so proud of myself

I hope you enjoyed!!

New chapter later this week!!

maybe something spicy😏