Chapter Three

The walk to the lodge was a tense one

Йой! Нажаль, це зображення не відповідає нашим правилам. Щоб продовжити публікацію, будь ласка, видаліть його або завантажте інше.

The walk to the lodge was a tense one. Never before had Y/N realized how many sounds a forest could make.

Branches snapped, leaves rustled, and the wind howled. 

"How do you feel?" Abigail said to Nick as the lodge pulled into view. 

He chuckled, "I'm so hungry I could eat a horse." 

She spared him a small smile, "I don't think we'll find a horse but hopefully we can get some granola." 

The prep groaned, "I hate granola." 

"I'll help you out," Ryan lifted Nick out of the wheelbarrow and passed him to Kaitlyn and Dylan's awaiting arms. 

"I'll catch up with you guys in a bit," Y/N pulled out her car keys, "I need to grab something from my car."

"No way are you going alone," Ryan furrowed his brows. 

She sighed, "Then come with me." 

Having him outside with her after two of his friend got attacked wasn't something she wanted but she knew that Ryan wouldn't take 'no' for an answer. 

Abigail frowned at the pair, her eyes going to the gun strapped on Ryan's back, "That's the only shotgun." 

"There's actually another one in Mr. Hackett's office," Dylan spoke up. 

The writer's eyes widened at the news. She never remembered Mr. Hackett owning a gun, let alone a shotgun.

One time there was a spider in the lodge and instead of squashing it, he captured it in a cup and placed it outside. Then he went on a rant about ecosystems and family. 

Ryan tossed Dylan the keys, "We'll meet you there in a second." 

With that, the couple walked away to the young woman's car. 

🦉

"Really? A taser gun?" the loner frowned, "Where did you even get something like that?" 

"I'm a woman driving by myself to a camp in the middle of nowhere," she checked the rounds in the gun before placing a few more into her pocket, "Why wouldn't I have a taser?" 

He slowly nodded, "It makes sense, but why a taser gun?"

"I mean for starters it's way cooler than one of those tiny handheld ones," she held up the gun with a smirk, "And it's badass." 

Ryan chuckled and gifted her with a small 'true'.

She couldn't help but match his joyful expression. This is how she wanted to spend the day, laughing with her boyfriend. 

Unfortunately for her life had another thing coming.

He peeked into her car before looking at her with a raised brow, "Do you need anything else?"