Chapter Two

The moon shined down on the group of teens as they chatted with each other

The moon shined down on the group of teens as they chatted with each other. The tense air had faded to a calm playful mood.

"Well, that was the dare of the century," Y/N chuckled, "You really stirred the pot, Kaitlyn."

After spending a few hours with the group she was beginning to hone in on their personalities. Kaitlyn was like the mother hen of the group but she wasn't afraid of causing some social disruption to push people in the right direction.

Dylan was the esteemed sarcastic joker who always made light of the situation. No matter what he always had something to say and nine times out of ten it was something funny.

The tinkerer smiled and took a sip of her beer, "Maybe it was just the push that Abigail and Nick needed."

"Oh here's a question," Dylan raised his beer, "Who is going to make the first move? Nick or Abi?"

"Good Q," she tilted her head, "My bet's on neither."

"I don't know," Y/N smiled and reached for another beer, "They seemed like they like each other a lot. There were definitely some sparks."

Kaitlyn chuckled and leaned back, "We'll just have to see."

"So, do you guys want to play another round?"

Dylan raised a eyebrow, "Just the four of us?"

"Why not?" Ryan gave a small smile to the group before turning his attention to his girlfriend, "I'll go first. Y/N, truth or—"

Suddenly, the sound of a sharp scream cut through the air.

Kaitlyn looked over in the direction of the shout, "That sounded like Abi."

"We should go help her!"

The four of them stood up and went to the origin of the sound. Kaitlyn grabbed the shotgun and the group approached the edge of the woods cautiously.

"Nick! He's hurt!" Abigail stumbled out of the woods before collapsing to the ground, "You guys have to help him!"

The artist's tights had been ripped in multiple places and scratches were visible on her face. 

Ryan furrowed his brows, "Are you okay?"  

"I'm uh— okay, fine," she sighed and allowed Kaitlyn to help her stand up, "Nick is still out there! We were attacked by some animal."

Kaitlyn tossed Ryan the shotgun, "Be careful it's got one hell of a spread."

The loner tightened his grip on the shotgun and nodded, "I got this!" he raced off into the woods. 

"Ryan, be careful!" Y/N called after him. She watched as he disappeared into the forest. 

Y/N turned her attention back to Abigail, "How are you feeling?"