Chapter Eight

"Let go of me!" she pulled against the grip of the large man

She was beginning to wonder when her 'werewolf powers' were going to kick in. All she was feeling since she had been bit, was dizzy and sick.

"You thought y'all could scurry under my house like some rats," the old woman chortled, "Pathetic!" 

"Y'all killed my granddaughter," the old man spoke up and loaded his gun, "That's unacceptable." 

The woman began pacing, "We've been trying to keep everyone safe this entire night!"

Click!

"We're done."

A man in a police uniform stepped up, "Hey, let's calm down everyone."

"I don't want to hear anything from you, boy!" The old woman screeched, "Couldn't even keep the family safe. I'm not gonna make the same mistake." 

"Ma!" the man holding her yelled before holding up her arm, "She's bit!" 

"Wait!" she yelled as she tried to yank her arm back, "I have time! I was just bitten." 

The old woman snatched the gun from the old man standing next to her, "I'm not taking the chance." 

"Hey, lady! Stop it!" Ryan tried to escape the strong grip of the man, "Don't shoot her!" 

"Ma, calm down," the officer reached for the gun, "Don't do anything rash." 

BANG!

🦉

Right between the eyes. 

Ryan watched as the bullet pierced his girlfriend's head, "No!"

He shoved the tall guy aside and fell to his knees at Y/N's side.

The old woman scowled at the scene, "Bobby handle that!" 

"Yes, Ma!" 

A scorching hot pain stabbed his side and his vision flashed white. The young man let out a deep groan at the sensation.

The sound of footsteps echoed in his head followed by the sound of yells as the family left the room in search of Laura. 

"Y/N," he called as he lifted her body into his lap, avoiding the knife sticking out of his side. "I'm so sorry."

He wished that they were back at her apartment listening to one of her vinyl records. 

The music would flow throughout the house as they stood in the kitchen joking with each other as she cooked. He would insist on helping her and she would just chuckle before pointing him towards some vegetables to chop. 

They would always joke about him burning water. 

He sighed as his hand hovered over the bullet wound. She would heal right?