Chapter Seven

The walk was mostly silent, outside of the occasional owl hoot

The walk was mostly silent, outside of the occasional owl hoot. The trip had been mostly uneventful and it was starting to feel like they were going in circles. 

"Do you even know where you're going?" Laura said what was on the writer's mind.

As  much as she trusted and loved Ryan, he couldn't look more lost.  

"I mean, I've never been there before but," he frowned as he fumbled for an answer, "it can't be too hard." 

Y/N looked at the other woman, "It's probably not too far from here. We could see it from the window back at the poolhouse." 

Laura nodded at her before turning her gaze back to the path in front of her. 

A faint growling entered the writer ears, she perked up and turned her head to the sound. 

Ryan and Laura stopped walking, "Did you hear that?" 

Laura immediately shushed him and raised her shotgun towards the woods. 

Suddenly a skinny flesh creature leap from the thicket of trees and charged at the group, Laura fired and missed. The blonde cursed under her breath before yelling at the others to run. 

Y/N's heart pounded in her ears and she could sense the creature growing closer. A gasp fell from her lips at the touch of a claw on her arm. Her brain pumped adrenaline through her veins and pushed her to move faster.

It wasn't enough. 

🦉

Ryan turned around at the sound of his girlfriend's scream, "Wait!" he yelled to Laura before stopping and turning to look at Y/N. 

The creature had tackled her. It loomed over her with its wide open dripping jaws and sharp teeth.

The young woman gasped and held the creature at arm's length, "Shoot it!" 

Ryan was conflicted. 

It could be Nick or one of his other friends, but then again it could be Chris Hackett. But if they didn't shoot, she would die. 

Laura loaded the gun with silver bullets before cocking it. 

BBZZZZZZT!

The sound of the taser gun halted any of their plans.

Y/N stood up and encouraged all them to run before shoving her taser gun into her back pocket. 

He didn't even think, he just ran. He didn't even see the weak boards beneath their feet before it was too late. 

🦉

The young woman took a big greedy breath of air and blindly reached to the sides of the water pool they had all fallen into. The adrenaline was still pumping through her and the sudden drop only pushed her to fight or flight.