Chapter Nine

Y/N frowned as she sat in the car

The jostling of the car was really beginning to get to her. A pounding headache tormented her in addition to the car's sudden movements. 

She didn't know how much longer she could go on. 

The wolf in her mind was clawing its way out. It wanted to drag Ryan deep into the woods and lash out at everyone or everything that could threaten his safety. 

The behavior was frightening to her and she felt naked having to confront the thoughts buried inside of her. 

"How are you feeling?" Ryan asked her as he placed his hand on her knee. 

"I can feel this push in my head," she framed her skull with her hands, "It feels like it's trying to wiggle its way out." 

"It?" he tilted his head. 

She turned away from him and faced towards the window, "I don't want to talk about it." 

"She doesn't have long," Laura said as she looked at Ryan through the rearview mirror, "It is going to get more violent, and soon she won't be able to hold back."

"How long do you think she has?" Ryan looked at Laura before his girlfriend. 

"There isn't a real science to it. I'd say twenty minutes but it really depends on how long she can hold out," Laura explained. 

"Is this where you found the white wolf?" Travis asked Laura as they pulled onto another road. 

"Yeah, where we got ran off the road." 

Y/N shivered as she caught another whiff of Ryan's blood. It was filling the car and she could still taste the sweetness on her tongue.

The beast inside of her was insatiable. 

The throbbing pain in her head got stronger, "P— Pull over." She clenched her head. 

Ryan placed a hand on her shoulder, "Hold on, please. For just a little longer." 

"I can't, Ryan!" she gasped as another dagger of pain stabbed her mind, "She's fighting me. I have to get out of here."

Travis screeched to a stop just as she wiggled out of Ryan's grip and out of the car.  

She pounded on the hood of the vehicle, "Go! I'll catch up later." 

The writer watched as the car slowly pulled off before accelerating to full speed. A scream broke free from her and she crumpled to her knees. It was coming. 

🦉

Ryan watched as his girlfriend fell to the ground clutching her head before her skin splattered off her body and she transformed into a wolf. The creature peered at him with her glowing yellow eyes.