"Yeah yeah..." Dream mumbled and he ran to Y/n.

She turned to face Dream. She smiled as he said, "I hope you enjoy your vacation! You have to have lots of fun!" 

Y/n giggled and hugged him, then said, "Of course I will. And again, thank you." 

Dream felt his face warm, and he beamed. He then saw that Nightmare was helping Vivian into the carriage. "Looks like you're going now!" Dream pointed out cheerily, and Y/n let out a cute exclamation as she rushed to join her husband.

The skeletons shouted their goodbyes, then the carriage began to roll away and all its inhabitants waved farewell to their friends. All left but Dusk, Cherry, Blue, and Dream stayed to watch the carriage until they could no longer see it. When they were no longer visible, Dusk, Cherry, and Blue walked off, chatting nonchalantly. Dream smiled happily. He was about to return to his room until Shattered spoke.

'Finally.

Before Dream could inquire about Shattered's odd comment, he doubled over in pain. He felt as if his bones were on fire. A splitting headache erupted through his skull, and he struggled to not let out an agonized scream. He began to shake and tremble as Shattered fought for control over Dream's body. Shattered was forcing Dream out of him body! Dream fell to the ground, whimpering and clutching his skull. Nothing could ever describe the mental, emotional, and physical pain Dream was in at this time.

'JUST LET GO!!' Shattered's voice screamed so viciously, Dream feared his head would explode from the sound. 

Dream lay on the ground, whimpering and convulsing in pain, until he gave up and let go. The pain immediately subsided, and he opened his eyes, still shaking, to see he was in the large room, watching from his eyes. 'Shattered?! What was that?!' Dream yelled. He heard Shattered begin cackling.

He looked to the large screen that showed the world from his eyes to see his body was covered in black goo. Shattered had taken full control over Dream's body. Dream saw Shattered look to the Tree, and Dream's heart stopped for a moment. The Tree had only a single golden apple left. It was only Dream's luck that Shattered had no care for the Tree. Dream heard Shattered's voice echo and vibrate through the room Dream was held in.

"Now, to get rid of those obstacles.

'What?! How?!' Dream shouted, concern and fear flooding through him. 

"By killing them.

Dream gasped and shouted, 'YOU PROMISED YOU WOULDN'T HURT ANYONE!!' 

"Ah, yes, I did say that. But I also said I wouldn't harm them unless they hurt us or Y/n first.

Dream paused, then stated, 'Well, nobody's hurt her or us, so they're safe!'

"Not Ink.

Dream gaped in absolute horror. Ink had said if Nightmare hadn't married Y/n, he would've. 'THAT DOESN'T COUNT!!' 

"My body, my rules.

Dream watched, a feeling of abject trepidation and dread overtaking him, as Shattered teleported to Ink. How he knew where Ink was, Dream had no idea. But, thankfully, Ink wasn't alone. Ink was drawing with Killer and they were conversing pleasantly. Until Shattered appeared.

Ink stood up immediately and pulled out his paintbrush, holding it up defensively. Shattered smirked, then raised a tentacle, and smashed Ink into the wall. Both Dream and Killer let out exclamations of alarm as Ink fell to the ground, shaking. 

'SHATTERED!!! STOP!!' Dream screamed. 

He saw Killer stand up and summon a knife. "I don't know who you are, or why you're here, but if you're going to hurt Ink, I'm going to have to end you."

Shattered let out a dark chuckle. "I'd like to see you try.

Killer's eyes narrowed. Shattered teleported to Ink and took his arm forcefully. Ink had a red vial in his hand. Shattered tightened his grip, and Dream heard Ink's arm snap. Ink let out a cry of anguish. Shattered twisted Ink's broken arm behind his back and pinned him against the ground.

Killer appeared next to Shattered, and he swiped at his head with his knife. Shattered dodged expertly and used a tentacle to pick up Ink. Shattered then stood lazily and watched Killer. Killer looked at Shattered confusedly, then walked up to him cautiously. Shattered watched him, amused. Ink let out a whimper of pain. Killer now stood two inches away from Shattered.

Shattered smirked and let his arms spread as an invite for Killer to stab him. Killer grinned maliciously and stabbed Shattered in the chest. Dream gasped as piercing pain erupted through his chest, and he crumpled. 

Shattered, however, smiled widely, and said, "Why, thank you.

Killer's smile disappeared. Shattered took Killer's hand and picked him up. Killer yelped and hung awkwardly from Shattered's grip. Killer strained. 

Shattered used a tentacle to impale Killer through the stomach. Killer looked at Shattered, eyes wide. Shattered let Killer fall to the floor. Killer gasped and, clutching his stomach, asked, "Who... what are you?" 

Shattered let out a cold laugh. He snapped his fingers, and Killer turned to stone.

"I, am Shattered Dream."

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Author's Note

Ohoooo yesss now it gets good. Hope you enjoyed! Thanks for reading!

                                                                                                                  - Adelle

Editor's note

Not Killer! He was one of the bestest bois :(

                                                                                                                  ~ Valery