41

Rory's POV -
I rush out of the room. Angela's in a coma. A few hours ago she was joking with her friends, and now she's in a coma. Edward takes both my hands and tells me to breath. Just in and out. In and out. Like you've been doing your entire life. Deep breaths.
"It's my fault. It's all my fault. I could have done something. I could have prevented this."
"There was nothing else you could have done."
"Yes there was. There's got to be."
"You stopped as much of the bleeding as you could. You got someone to call an ambulance. You took control of a bad situation. The reason she's alive right now instead of bleeding out all over the school parking lot is because you saved her."
"But there has to have been away to do better."
"Love, there was only so much you could do with a few jumpers and jackets and a belt. You aren't a doctor. You aren't a paramedic. All you could do was food your gut, and you did. There was nothing else that could be done by you. The doctors tried and they couldn't. If my father, who has practiced medicine for hundreds of years can't do it, no one could. "
" I-I I know. But... I don't know. I really don't know. "
He pulls me into him and I cry into his chest. After all the tears that have fallen down my face, it does not take long for my tears to dry.
"You want to stay here?"
"I just want to go. Not home. Just somewhere. Anywhere that's not here."
"I've got my car."
"No. I can't go into a confined space right now."
"We can walk."
"Are you sure? You can drive back to school of you want. Back to normal."
"Do you want me to?"
"No. I want you here. With me."
"Then I'll be here. With you."
"Are you sure?"
"Of course I'm sure."

We walk together. We walk in silence, holding hands. I'm not sure for how long. Eventually we turn off road and onto forest land. Eventually, I just sit on a fallen tree and Edward sits with me. I shiver in the cold, but there's nothing we can do. Neither of us have jackets because they are now blood soaked. Edward puts an arm around me, but his cold skin does very little to help. I normally love that, but today, it just makes me colder.
"You want me to get you a jumper or something? I could be back in a couple of minutes."
"Stay."
"Baby, you'll get sick."
"I'll be fine."
He moves to get up.
"Stay?" I ask.
"Okay love. I'll stay."
"Thank you."
We sit in a comfortable silence, me holding the and around my shoulders. I get so lost in my thoughts that I can't even remember them. Eventually, I come out of the well of thoughts, and decide to go home. He comes with me, up to my room and sits on my bed. I put on one of my favorite hoodie, an oversized light purple one. I lie in bed, with his arm around my waist and turn on my laptop. I put on Doctor Who. I choose one at random, it happens to be a David Tennant and Catherine Tate episode. I let my mind shut down as I watch my favourite TV show. I can feel Edward nuzzling me head, which makes me smile. He's been with me all day, from the moment I started treating her, to now. I gave him an out, but he never took it. I would have understood if he left. Most people would have. But he stayed and comforted me. And is lying on my bed with me watching Doctor Who. I think he's really in love with me, almost as much as I am him. I know he says it, but sometimes I don't believe him. Not that I think he would lie, or is using me, but that he doesn't want my feelings hurt. But today, he's made me see what could be his love, and highlights all the times before. It almost makes me feel less of an obligation and more of an equal. And I like it. I want to keep this idea, but I know I'll probably forget. I always seem to. I guess everything good in my life leaves me, or turns out to be false. Maybe Bella is right. I'm not enough to stay around for. Maybe, I should just die.
But also, maybe she's wrong. Maybe I have found people who care for me. And think I'm enough. Just maybe.