Chapter 17 (Let me show you)

"Yah, Jeon Jungkook!" she shouted my name when I gasped for air after submerging my head under the herbs water. Wiping away the water that was dribbling from my hair, I saw her drop on the floor. Her body was shaking badly; lifting her head and looking at me before bursting into tears.

     Jumping out from the tub, the water inside also came out with me; wetting the floor. Rushing in tiny steps to avoid further accidents, I kneeled in front of her.

     "Why?" I asked, holding her trembling shoulders. "Did you hurt?" Scanning through her body. She shook her head while her mouth was trying to say something, but more wailing was coming out. Hugging her body and caressing her back to soothe her, but she pushes me hard until my buttock hits the floor. Rubbing on the bony prominence that meets with the hard floor to ease the pain.

    Swallow the saliva. I asked, "What's wrong?" She pointed her finger at something behind me. Following her finger's direction, I see the tub. "You want to take a bath?" I guessed and definitely it's not what she meant because she hit me directly on my chest.

     Her sobbing disturbs her speech. I held her face. "Stop. Crying." She tries her best to contain the sadness, but there was still a remnant of sobs. Judging from how bad her eyes look. Puffy and red; she must be scared just now.

     I asked again, "What happens?"

    "I thought," her sobbing, cutting the words. "I thought you were dead!" She enters again the wailing cycles.

     "What?" I hold up her face. Her tears stream down like broken pipes.

     "The water..re..red. Blood." she stuttered.

    Taking my time to digest her speech before I bit on my lower lips to prevent myself from laughing. She must think the water becomes red because of my blood. I shut my eyes quickly when her puffy eyes came into contact with mine. Holding my laughter at her innocent side. Taking a deep breath, I slowly looked at her. Nope. I can't. She is too cute right now.

     I tried again, and this time I bit my inner cheek hard before saying, "That the herbs. Leon gave it to me to soothe my nausea." I said. "Not..not my blood." Ended up laughing. Not giggling but laughing out loud.

    "Is that funny to you?" her question with bloodshot eyes, making me swallow back my laughter.

    Don't dare to face her bad mood. I responded, "No. That's not funny at all. I'm sorry. I shouldn't scare you like that."

    She wipes her tears before standing on her feet. "Your hand." She extended her hand with her palm facing upwards. I can't hide my grin when she is willing to help me.

     "Thank y — arghh!" I yank my hand after she bites on it. Falling back on the floor, now my butt and hand are in pain. There is a clear tooth mark beside my thumb. The price that I have to pay after making her cry. 

********************

After taking a long shower, I came out wearing a bathrobe with a small towel wrap around my wet hair. Open the wardrobe doors, staring at my clothes while my mind flashing back on how pathetic I was just now. Crying out like a lost child in front of him.

     Blaming myself as I can assess the situation first before bawling my eyes. Worst of all, he must think I like him very much until I am down on my knees, praying he will be fine. Stomping on my feet, hoping I can shrink into the smallest size so that he can't see me for a while. Maybe I can get out of this house like my original plan. I love how my brilliant brain work, but I can't go now as I still need his explanation about his stupid revenge.