"I actually thought you would laugh at me, too."

"Are you crazy? I would never do such a thing. You are my best friend; I'll always make you feel better, not worse."

"Thank you so much for being a good friend, Lilah," Camila says, removing her hands from the water and giving my hand a tight squeeze.

"You're welcome" I squeeze her hand back.

***

The following morning, I go downstairs into the dining room with Camila close behind. She is feeling so much better this morning. I kiss dad on the cheeks before I take my seat beside him. Camila takes the seat on my other side.

"Good morning, Uncle Fred," Camila says with a tight-lipped smile. I'm sure she doesn't want him to ask her why she looks sad, so she is trying her best to look normal.

"How are you doing, dear? Sarah told me you came in late last night drenched from the rain. I hope everything is okay."

Sarah is our housekeeper. She must have been the one who opened the front door for Camila last night.

"I am doing much better."

"That's good to hear." Dad turns and faces me. "Delilah, where is Axel?"

"I'm not sure when his flight got in, so he might still be sleeping."

"I am not," Axel says, walking into the dining room. I roll my eyes and continue to eat my food. "Oh my God," Axel gushes when his eyes land on Camila. He walks toward her. "Has anyone ever told you that you are the most beautiful woman on this earth?" He says, never breaking his stare. Camila's cheeks heat up as he continues to gaze at her. Axel takes her hand into his and places a small peck on it.

"Will you move away from her?" I slap his hand before turning to Camila. "I am so sorry he did that," I say. "Please forgive my little cousin." Axel is far from little. But I know calling him that will annoy him.

"It's fine," Camila says, adjusting her hair to hide her flushed cheeks. I am not surprised at her reaction. I might be older than him by four years, but I would blush, too, if we were not related, and he complimented me.

Axel is young and very handsome. Any woman would find him attractive with his grayish-blue eyes and pitch-black hair. Plus, he is light skinned with a sharp jawline and pink lips, which makes girls go crazy. Axel is of mixed race. His father is American, while his mother, my father's sister, is Nigerian. He lives in Chicago but is visiting us for a few weeks.

"I am far from little, Lilah," he says, winking at me.

"If you wink at me again, I'll poke your eyes out." I point my fork at him.

"You are breaking my heart, Lilah."