"Right," She sighed out, yet still didn't look completely content.

I checked the window before stepping closer, turning the rub of my hand into a little massage.

"Even if you don't think they're perfect, I can assure you Khloe will absolutely love them, and I'm sure she'd want to taste every trial batch you make until you're satisfied with the results."

She blinked, I guess not thinking about future opportunities with this.

"I guess you have a point," she admitted, that look finally fading enough to where I was content, "Now get out. You're distracting."

I breathed out a laugh watching her get back to her work, prepping the piping bags she was going to use and such.

"I will, But I wanna ask you something first. I told you about the party tonight for my dad, right?"

"You mentioned it, but didn't go any further than just that."

"It's more of just a get-together and celebrations for the citizens, but I'm gonna show up for a bit just out of formality. And you're welcome to join me if you want."

She paused for a moment of thought.

"Humans and vampires I'm assuming?"

"That is correct."

Another few seconds of silence.

"Eh. I'll probably sit this one out then. If they're gonna be more vampires trying to flirt with you the whole time." She finished lowly.

I bit my bottom lip amongst my smile, thinking back to that day at the park.

I dunno... that was just incredibly pleasing and sexy of her to me.

I guess I just thought she wasn't the protective type like I was, even if there was no initial problem.

"Jealous?" I teased.

She let out a stern huff.

"I am not jealous. I have no reason to be."

Hm. true.

"I just know that I'll react weirdly, and I don't know how long I can get away with keeping you to myself without outing myself as a human. Plus isn't Nico gonna be there?"

"Nico has no room to say anything," I laughed at the thought, "But you make a fair point. I won't be gone long then."

"Good Morning, Nico," Lily's voice rang out, causing both of us to turn.

I lowered my hand from her and took a step back, speaking my next words in a whisper.

"I'll stop distracting you now. Call me if you need another taste tester. Love you!"

"Xander!" She berated my last comment, cheeks turning a bright red.

I giggled to myself, making my way out of the kitchen.

Nico stared at me as I walked through the door.

Just Nico. No Khloe.

"Since when have you been allowed in the kitchen?" He asked, looking to Lily who just shrugged.

"I had to help Doe with something," I answered with a similar shrug, "Where's the birthday girl?"

And Marcus. We need him here too.

"She'll be here soon, I just came to get things ready."

"I see." I casually approached, figuring that now may be a good time to see if I can get him to spill his secrets, "Got any plans after this?"