Chapter 7

Xander's POV:

Her giggle sounded again as she began walking backward, pulling and guiding me over towards the bed.

That alone left me useless to fight against her even if I had wanted to.

I'll admit I was still stunned by the outfit she'd put together, but the second that question left her mouth, that need to be the one to set whatever was on her mind sprung into action.

My want for her was different here, I could already feel it.

It was stronger and much more pestering.

More demanding.

Hopefully with the boost in that also meant a boost in my ability to keep it from getting out of hand.

It wasn't certain, but I guess I'll find out the answer to that soon.

My purr began a few seconds later at the wholesome excitement in her eyes as she released my hands to set hers onto the foot of the bed and hopped backward onto it.

The action drew the shirt- my shirt -further up, exposing almost all of her thighs.

My fingers twitched with the sudden itch to put my hands on them.

Oh, this just got a whole lot more difficult.

I never expected my little dove to be such an intentional tease, but I couldn't lie and say that it wasn't a pleasant surprise.

It took me a second through my initial shock, to fully understand where this idea of hers came from.

I remembered the scene in the book she was reading.

And the fact that she wanted to replicate it with me.

No... No, I couldn't jump too far ahead of myself.

For now, I just had to make damn sure that I made this experience as good as the last ones.

I couldn't help but gaze over her again as she slowly slid back further onto the bed.

Heat continued to flood my cheeks no matter what I tried.

She was just so alluring to look at, and being all dressed up like that in my clothes sprouted something in me that I hadn't stopped to consider.

It almost felt like I didn't deserve to see her like this.

But... she intentionally graced me with this, so I'll be grateful for every last second.

"So," I began, "What exactly is the plan here?"

It was obvious that she had something in mind, yet I didn't know how to play along properly.

She wordlessly pointed a finger at me, switched it to pointing her thumb at herself, and then jerked the same thumb over to the head of the bed.

"Got it," I grinned, leaning my hands down onto the foot of it, a growl merging once again with my purr.

I could hear her excited little squeal despite the fact that her lips were pressed together as I stalked my way onto the bed.

It broke out into a laugh as soon as I crawled over her and scooped her into me by her lower back with my right arm, bringing both of us over to the spot she'd chosen.

Her smile still stayed as I set her back onto the bed, hair feathering over the pillows while she continued gifting the sound of her joy to my ears

Yes... that's the fun I wanted to convey.

None of that 'taking it way too seriously' bullshit that left her hesitant and tense.