I nodded.

"Yeah."

"You were right. If mom wanted to pay the twenty-four million, she easily could." Anteros nervously said.

"So it's not about the principle anymore?"

"No." He sighed.

"We had mom followed," Eros said. "She went to that same warehouse."

"What?"

"We think she's trying to take everything. Your fathers' company, the Landon's companies. Tobias and yours."

"But she can't."

"She can." Anteros nodded. "And she will. She's been working with your uncle all along."

"And she's been playing Beverly. Beverly thinks this wedding is about twenty-four million but no. She's scamming her. In the contract, the prenup was exempt." Anteros said.

"You guys signed to an agreement that states that when divorced, everything the Landon's own will go to you."

"So if we divorced we're screwed and if we don't we're screwed also." I sighed.

"There's a way," Anteros said.

"I said we're not doing that." Eros huffed.

"For the sake of our sister, we are."

"What? What's the way?"

"We turn mom in. Mom and your uncle. I believe that mom had our dad killed. If mom is arrested, you can rightfully end these contracts with her lawyers."

I looked at Eros. He looked away.

"Do you have evidence that mom killed your dad?"

"She didn't," Eros said.

"No. But I know where to find it. Invite mom to Bias's birthday."

"Nuh-uh." I shook my head.

"Please. This will distract her and give me time to do some digging. I know where she stays." Anteros pleaded.

I sighed. "Fine, but you're going to answer to Bia when this is over."

Anteros nodded. "Deal."

"I'm not agreeing to this. This is dangerous Anteros. Mom doesn't play about business at all. If you were to get hurt, I wouldn't forgive myself for letting you do this."

"Mom would never hurt any of us."

"Uh, well she did put me up as collateral so." I slowly rocked back and forth.

"She had dad killed. The love of her life." Eros huffed.

"So you agree that she killed dad? Why are you protecting her then?" Anteros squinted his eyes.

Eros looked away.

"I'll go to the apartment, look around, get info then come to the party. Easy peasy." Anteros smiled. "Anyone opposed."

I looked at Eros.

"I just don't want to lose another parent." He mumbled. "Or my brother."
~

"Is he there?" I asked Eros. He nodded.

"He's been in there for about ten minutes."

"Bia is pulling up! Everyone down!" Valeria yelled.

We all quickly hid in our respective places. I slowly peeked my head up. Bia shortly walked in.

"Mom, I don't see any cameras for the photoshoot. Just props." She crossed her arms. "Oh my God! Is that painting me? Is it actually painted?"

"Surprise!" Everyone yelled causing her to jump.