chapter eight

heeseung picked up jay by a car. jay was impressed. he expected heeseung to pick him up, and they would take the bus or go for a walk, but not that he would drive the car in front of his house.

"i didn't know you have a driver's license" jay said when they were riding through seoul. they were already far from jay's house. heeseung's friend's house was on the other side of the city.

"everyone is always surprised when they find out i have one" heeseung laughed.

"i don't think a lot of people do their driver's license that early. especially when they're in their senior year."

"if you don't have any problems in school, then it's easy to do the driver's license."

"wow" jay looked at him, eyes widened "you must be one of those smart kids, right?" heeseung just laughed "you're a smart kid, but refuse to wear the school uniform in a proper way."

"i rather feel comfortable and get a scolding than wearing an uniform in which i won't feel comfortable at all."

"you do have a point" jay smiled and started playing with his hands "how many people are going to be there by the way? is it a big party?"

"there's going to be like...fifty people? hyung said that there's going to be his close friends only."

"he must have a lot of close friends, then" he bit his lip. will he handle so many people in one place? on the other hand, he heard about parties with more than hundred people.

they came to heeseung's friend's house in twenty minutes. it was located in the end of seoul. it was big, had a big garden. when jay went in he even saw a piece of pool through the hedge his friend must be rich.

the house looked like it was empty. they heard a lot of voices though, coming from the other room.

"heeseung!" a tall person appeared in front of them, coming from the other room.

"hi, hyung!" heeseung hugged him.

the guy after hugging heeseung smiled to jay and waved to him "hi, i'm yeonjun, you must be jay, right?" jay nodded "it's nice to meet you. let's speak comfortably to each other, okay?"

jay nodded again. it seemed like yeonjun was a very energetic person. he looked cool too.

"we're taking care of the food right now, there's still not much people so you can sit in the living room and make yourself comfortable" yeonjun said, walking into the kitchen where were five more people. jay didn't know them though.

heeseung and jay sat together in the living room. it was nice. it had a big tv and lot of big windows from where you could see the garden. jay saw the whole pool from there.

"yeonjun hyung was promoted, that's why we are celebrating" heeseung said, breaking a short silence between them. jay was staring at the garden, now his eyes were on heeseung.

"it must be something special since he's celebreting with so many people."

"it is. hyung was promoted from assistant to professional choreographer at the dance studio he works in. he loves dancing so much and always dreamed of becoming a professionalist. exciting, isn't it?"

"it is! he looks young, though. is he much older than us?

"he was born in 1999, so he's not that old" heeseung laughed "everyone makes fun of him for being old though because he was born in the 90s."

jay giggled "he's very young and already a professional dancer? he must be talented."

"maybe hyung will show you how he can dance, but only when he drinks enough" he smiled brightly.