chapter two

he was so tall and handsome jay thought. he was playing with his pen without paying close attention to what was happening around him.

too bad he was too afraid of people to talk to the tall boy. besides, he was too embarrassed to even look at him. jongseong didn't know whether to worry about the boy laughing at him or not to worry about it because there are chances that the boy had probably forgotten him.

"aren't you going to do your part of the project?" he was pulled out of a trance by taehyun who was waiting for jake to lend him a book.

"i-i am" jay quickly grabbed a book and started searching for information they might need.

"should we go eat lunch together after the period is over?" kai asked. it looked like he was done with his work. his head was on a desk, next to it were scissors and pictures that he was supposed to cut out. taehyun said that huening was not good at finding information, so he instructed him to cut out pictures instead.

"yes please!" jake signed as he extended his hands, one of them accidentally hit kai "i'm so tired. i feel like my fingers are falling off."

jake had to write. at least he didn't have to write with a pen, because he had a laptop from which they could print what jake wrote, but his work was really hard. especially because he's been doing it for almost two hours.

"the more we do now, the less we have to do tomorrow" taehyun placed a sheet of paper under jake's hand "another note."

jake gasped giving taehyun an angry look. at least that's what it looked to jay, but in reality sim was joking. he actually rarely got mad at his friends.

"it's penultimate" taehyun smiled and got back to making notes for jake.

~🦌~

"doesn't mr. sang remind you of a hamster?" jake asked.

it was already past their biology lesson and they were sitting listening to a korean teacher.

"what?" jay asked confused "why are you so random?"

"anyways" jake said with his australian accent. everytime jongseong heard it he thought that sim sounded expensive. the only thing jay didn't like about jake's accent is that he couldn't understand him most of the time. good thing they have korean "do you have any plans for the summer break?"

by that time i'll probably be dead.

"i don't" jay replied "what about you?"

"i want to go to jeju island!" jake got excited. he looked like a puppy "i've never been there but my friend told me it's a nice place."

jay didn't know what he should say but he was happy jake is enjoying himself while talking about his plans for the summer break.

"we should go there together" jongseong looked at jake surprised "we could take some of our friends too!"

jay just nodded. jake's talking made him sad. thinking about how is he going to live until the summer break made him feel things. ignoring his illness was really hard when it came to talking about future.

jay suddenly felt his stomach ache. it felt like he was going to spit out his vital organs.

come on, you're not going to throw up in the middle of the class jay smiled nervously. he felt something tightening in his stomach and forcing him to spit out his breakfast.

he felt a sudden heat wave. he didn't know if it was because he was stressed or if it was because he wanted to vomit.

jay raised his hand and drew the teacher's attention "can i go to the toilet?" he asked as calmly as possible.

the teacher looked at the clock before answering "sure" jay breathed in relief. if he had been in another teacher's class, they wouldn't have let him go.

as soon as jongseong closed the classroom door and walked into the hallway, he quickly went to the toilet on the second floor and prayed to himself not to puke in the middle of the hallway. he walked down a long corridor and quickly found himself in the men's restroom. he could feel his breakfast going back. jay fell into the cabin and threw himself next to the toilet seat, vomiting in it.

when he was finished, he sat leaning his head on the cabin's door, feeling relief. he took a deep breath and quickly rose on two legs, which he regretted as he felt his head pulsating. jay held onto the left side of his head, where it hurt the most. he felt like he was going to cry in pain.

jongseong couldn't stay in the toilet for long. if he did, mr. sang would get suspicious, and the last thing he wants is people sticking their noses in his business.

he slowly came out of the cabin and leaned against the wall and went to the sink. he washed his hands and face. jay was afraid something would happen to him again, but he had to deal with it. he will go to class, take headache pills and everything will be fine, right?

jay came out of the toilet and suddenly he was hit by a heat wave again. his head hurt even more, it felt like it was going to explode. he quickly caught on the wall. his legs seemed to be made of jelly. jay sighed, looking like a lost kitten who didn't know what to do with himself. his legs suddenly refused to obey, and he had to go back to the classroom.

he bounced off the wall and tried to walk, but his legs refused to obey him, and he became dizzy. jay fell to the ground, losing consciousness.

~🦌~

heeseung walked through the school corridors. of course, he didn't plan to go to the first floor, because that's where the staff room was. if he doesn't intend to attend this lesson, it's better not to get caught.

he still couldn't believe he was ordered to clean up the library because his school uniform was not properly dressed. like a pair of jeans and a loose tie would hurt someone.

what heeseung didn't understand was that it wasn't the first time he was dressed like that and broke the rules, but apparently today was a special day since he got punished.

now i have a reason not to go to class he thought while walking into the second floor.

heeseung stopped in shock when he saw something in the middle at the other end of the corridor. he came a few steps closer. already from there he could see that it was a person.

the tall boy ran quickly towards the person lying on the ground "are you okay?" he shouted in worry. he shook the person a few times and finally rolled them on their back "i know you" he whispered to himself when he realised that the boy lying on the floor is the one who he met in the library the same day, who almost fell off his stool, trying to reach a book he then had forgotten to take with him.

heeseung couldn't help but smile when he remembered the boy. he hoped to see him again one day, but not under these circumstances.

he loosen the boy's tie it doesn't seem as he is going to wake up soon without second thought, he got the shorter boy on his back. put his head on his shoulder and quickly began to walk into the nurse's office.