47. Permission denied!

Agastya's Residence, Weekend party.

Agastya helped Singh with an additional blanket over the previous one to combat his shivering.

"Singh, what happened to you?" Chalukya asked as soon as he walked in.

As there was a thermometer in his mouth, he didn't reply. 

Agastya gently took the thermometer and checked the recording. "Singh, your temperature is normal. You don't have any fever" he declared looking at it.

"Paaji, check properly. Look at me, I'm shivering... my hands are numb and food is tasteless" he complained and stuffed his mouth with snacks on the table.

Chalukya placed his hand on Singh's forehead "Singh, Agastya is right. You don't have the fever!" he added.

"No one believes me. Kanmani aunty get me some porridge. I can't eat any other food now" he said taking chips from the plate.

"He's acting weird since he returned from the Converge City this afternoon. I'm fed up with his drama" Agastya whispered to Chalukya. 

"Why? What happened there?"

"I don't know. He's not telling me" Agastya shrugged his shoulders.

"Why are you both whispering? I'm right here. I may be having a fever but I'm not deaf. I can hear... speak loudly!" Singh yelled.

"You're not deaf, we know. Please don't shout and make us impaired!" Chalukya scolded him.

"Paaji, be compassionate towards me. I'm a sick person now" Singh said wrapping himself in the blankets.

"OK OK. Tell me why did you get sick? Did you see any wild animals in Converge city?" Chalukya enquired pouring a glass of whiskey for himself.

"Wild? Yes, Yes I saw a dinosaur-type animal. So huge, so muscular... growling and roaring at me. Luckily, he didn't have a big jaw and long teeth like them"

"He?" asked Agastya sitting on the sofa opposite Singh.

"I won't tell anything to you. You'll not believe me and even if you believe, you won't take any action" Singh replied to Agastya bluntly.

"When did I tell you that?" Agastya exclaimed.

"Agastya relax. Let me handle him" Chalukya took over a seat next to Singh. "Singh paaji, abh bolo" (Singh, come on tell me) he asked affectionately rubbing his back.

"Chalukya Ji, that man is 6 feet and above. Long hair tied up into a bun over his head, a thick moustache and a long beard. He had an eagle tattoo on his chest, a heavy gold chain hanging down from his neck and a lion-faced ring on his thumb finger. His biceps are as fat as my thighs, his eyes were red and he has an expressionless stone face. I almost survived a heart attack when he spoke. Such a deep base voice... If he was in the film industry, no hero could survive against him!" Singh explained and drank a full glass of brandy.

"Aren't you exaggerating Bhairava's appearance?" Agastya asked raising his eyebrows.

"Didn't I tell you that he doesn't believe me? No one believes me!! AHHH" Singh started crying aloud.

"Agastya please!" Chalukya signalled him to stay quiet and rubbed Singh's back. Agastya raised his hands and shrugged his shoulders.

"Paaji, main tho darr gaya hoon. Agastya Saab Nahi samjega (Sir, I'm completely scared. Agastya Sir, will never understand)" Singh complained and stuffed his mouth with chips.

"I understand Singh. Calm down... Don't cry yaar, you know you're such a brave person... You walked into Lion's den. Tell me more about your adventure" Chalukya encouraged taking another glass into his hand.