chapter 12 - comforting

Start from the beginning

his pace quickens up and he grabs my leg pulling me towards him.

I let out a little scream as he pulls me underwater.

he lets go and we both come up.

"hey, you scared me you donut" I say splashing him as he grins at me falling back into the water swimming away.

I stay in the water for another 10 minutes before getting out and going to get food from inside with the girls because who doesn't take up the offer of having food?

after eating I head back outside with my book ready to read outside because it's a very peaceful place to read.

I turn to my left and Reece is on a double sun bed reading as well. with the book on his knees as he reads leaning back.

I walk over to him and his eyes glance up to me.

"hey, can I sit here?" I ask him and he nods with a gentle smile on his face.

I return it and sit next him opening my book to the right page.

I feel his eyes on me for a second before they turn away from my direction and he focuses back on his book.

I look to my left to see a sleeping willow. she looks so cute when she's sleeping.

Reece shut up.

her eyes are softly closed shut and her hair is perfectly spread out on the pillow behind her.

her head is leaning on my shoulder as she sleeps.

I smile down at her taking in all of her beautiful features.

Reece, snap out of it.

It's getting quite late so I should probably take her upstairs so she can sleep better.

I'm pretty sure she said she was sleeping over like the rest of us anyways so I'm sure she'll be sleeping in Sophie's room or something.

I gently pick her up, her head resting on my chest as she sleeps.

I take her inside and head to Sophie's room.

she had normal clothes on which she could sleep in so I didn't need to wake her up to change.

I drape a blanket on her and make sure the blanket is covering her before turning the light off and closing the door behind me

beep. beep. beep.

noises go off around me but I'm downing them out with my thoughts.

them consuming me fully to the point I can't keep still.

I see a figure approach me which breaks me out of my trance.

the nurse.

a sad look on her face.

she looks down, unable to speak almost.

she tries to find the words but struggles.

I sit up in confusion as to what she needs to say to me.

"what's going on"

"tell me please!"

"is she okay, it worked right? the operation worked? please say it worked!"I shout at the nurse, tears streaming down my face.

she doesn't respond.

why isnt she responding.

she has to be fine, mum's a fighter. she has to be fine.

she slowly shakes her head.

"she didn't make it. I'm so sorry"

my legs loose stability as I fall on the floor. crying hysterically.

she's gone.

she's gone.

she's not coming back.

I shoot up from the bed. unable to steady my breathing.

it was a nightmare. it's fine.

willow it's fine.

but it still happened. she's still gone. she's not coming back.

my breathing gets worse as I start to shake, tears streaming down my face.

the door comes open but my vision is to blurry to notice who it is.

I feel strong arms wrap around me as I continue to cry but trying to contain my breathing steadily at the same time.

"willow breathe. it's okay. your okay. I'm here, just breathe sweetheart" I hear Reece's familiar voice speak to me.

my breathing finally slows down and I wipe the tears that were on my face.

none of us speak.

"im sorry" I whisper quietly to him.

"don't be. we all have bad days and nightmares. I've had quite a lot and it's better when your being comforted so it's the least I could do. trust me"

I melt into his touch slowly as the shaking dies down.

I feel my eyes get heavy but try to keep them open because I'm sure he doesn't want to stay here much longer.

"you can sleep. I'll wait till you do okay." he says which makes me move my head slightly so im lying down with my head on his chest.