she liked his company till now, enjoying the little banters they had randomly had about "is water clear?" or "is cereal a soup?" to which athena would always end up winning, amd to that he would pout his lips and look the other direction pretending to be angry.

it was funny innocent banter, she laughed at it and he smiled at her laugh, she enjoyed these little moments that she wish she could've had with her mother, but alas.

they were having a argument right now, and hades was getting annoyed.

"why can't you just agree with me! if you eat a fish it technically makes you a cannibal since you humans were fishes once too!!"

he was grumbling and following her around the kitchen as she made food, walking back and forth in front of her as she made dinner.

she knew he was joking with all this, the only reason he started with these shenanigans was to cheer her up, acting dramatic and fighting with her was just a cherry on top that he enjoyed.

she smiled, holding his pouty and slightly angry -he looked cute- face with both her hands and giving him a tired but smiling look.

"fine hades! you win, i lose! happy? gosh you're such a baby." she pinched his cheeks, ruffling his hair, moving away to continue chopping up vegetables for the food.

what she failed to notice however, was a faint blush on his cheeks, maroon hue spreading from his nose to his ears as he smiled.

"yay!!" he smiled, rushing to her side to boast in her face.

"see? i'm smart unlike what you think!" he grinned, poking her at the sides, looking all adorable and cute.

she laughed at him, throwing her head back as her voice carried throughout the kitchen, her melodic laughter resonating in his ears, bringing a smile to his face.

"i never said you were dumb you idiot!" she replied, still laughing a bit gently now.

"hey! you just called me a idiot and you're claiming you didn't call me dumb!? that's not fair, you're contradicting your own words!" he exclaimed, putting his head on his elbow as he sat on the kitchen counter.

"okay fine! but get off the counter! i'm cooking!" she said, slightly punching him in his stomach to which he over dramatically doubled over holding his chest in pain.

"ow!" he exclaimed, clearly faking.

"yeah yeah whatever, get off."

suddenly, he got real close to her face, noses almost touching.

"and what if i don't? what are you gonna do?" he said, a cocky smirk on his lips, an eyebrow raised and his eyes staring into her own.

she grinned, getting even closer slightly caressing his cheek with her long nails before grabbing his face with one hand, squeezing it.

"oh? getting bold? well let's see~" she replied in a sultry voice, her voice tone an octave lower as she dragged her nails on his cheek.

a bright red blush erupted on his cheeks, his challenging expression now into one of confusion as the red hue spreading from his nose to his cheeks to his ears. his lips started quivering just slightly , enough that she wouldn't notice it. but he did.