she felt almost naked in front of him due to just how ugly she looked.

she felt sick to her stomach, about to cry when he interrupted her train of thoughts.

"i cooked you food." he spoke, his voice a bit uncertain, as he showed a small smile at her, trying his best to make her feel welcomed and- and something else he doesn't quite know.

she tilted her head, confused. "you cooked for me? why?"

she was really finding hid behavior odd, if he really was a deity and was real and not just a part of her imagination, then why was he, a deity, cooking for her, a pathetic little girl?

he scrunched his brows, before answering. "because you need it, your body is extremely weak and needs home-cooked food."

she scoffed lightly at the word 'home-cooked' , smiling bitterly at it.

she then looked back up at him and gestured him to come forward, he took careful steps and walked towards her, placing the tray of food on her lap as she sat properly in the bed.

she looked at the food and him, before speaking.

"thank you." she said, her eyes were glossy, lips quivering which he took a quick notice of, and she was holding the tray with her frail hands gingerly as though it would disappear any second, she seemed as if she was emotional over something, and he didn't know what.

"you seem... triggered by something. if i may ask, what is it?" he asked, giving her time to answer or ignore his question.

she smiled softly, looking down at the food, holding the bowl of soup gently.

"no one's ever cooked for me before. not even cut up a slice of fruit for me." she laughed lightly, looking back up at him, muttering another thank you.

he seemed shocked, his eyes were widened a bit, but he didn't press further.

"it's... okay. i'll cook whatever you want me to from now on." he spoke, not a hint of lie in his voice, hell he even sounded genuine.

she looked absolutely stumped, blinking repeatedly, -a habit she picked up when she didn't understand something- before she smiled from ear to ear, nodding her head and softly messing his hair a bit.

"thanks hades." she looked up at him, a soft expression on her face, her quivering lips now smiling.

he got a slight hue of red on his nose amd cheeks after she messed his hair, and he lightly swatted her hand away, grumbling a 'ur welcome' as he pretended to fix his hair, a soft smile present on his face.

she laughed lightly at his antics, smiling, before looking down at her food and joining her hands, closing her eyes, as he watched her do all this, confused.

after she was done and began to eat, he asked. "why do you pray? i thought you would've lost all hope in god after what you went through, no offense."

"because i did lose all hope. i don't trust anyone now, only reason i pray for this food is because it's what helping me get healthy again, it doesn't matter who supplied it to me." she smiled softly, silently eating.

he let out a soft laugh, a sound that almost sounded melodic and calming to her ears.

"you're weird." he said, leaning back on the bed with his arms supporting his body as he looked at her eating.

"i know i am." she replied back, still smiling and continuing to eat.

it had been three days from that day, and athena had been recovering greatly thanks to hades.