017 | fall for you

"It has been an hour. He must've went home," Yunhee mumbled, resting the back of her body behind her bedroom door. "But, Yunseo and mom aren't home yet─I don't know anymore."

It has been an hour since she left Yoshinori downstairs, and Yunhee can't even decide on what to do.

"Well, it is not that bad to check on him," she stated, shrugging her shoulders before going out of her room.

Sneaking down the stairs, Yunhee made sure that her every step is quiet. No single noise could be heard on the living room─not even by the kitchen. It was strange for Yunhee, but that thought of her immediately faded when she saw Yoshinori deep asleep on one of the couch, making her stop at the middle of the staircase. A moment after, another thing caught her eye.

A polaroid is laid down on the tiled floor, just below where Yoshinori's hand is hung above.

'Was it the same polaroid?' Yunhee thought, only to find out that it was exactly the same.

Curiousity hit her once again. And now, she is determined to see what's in that polaroid that Yoshinori don't want her to see. Even her own brother, Yunseo, once forbid her to see the photo printed on the polaroid film. She took her steps more quietly until she reached the front of the couch where Yoshinori is asleep.

With a slow inhale, Yunhee crouched down and picked up the polaroid. She squinted her eyes to take a more detailed look on the photo, unaware that Yoshinori would open his eyes and see her right at the moment.

In the photo, a teenage Yoshinori was with a girl─a girl that looks like Yunhee. Not just that, Yoshinori is also showing his genuine smile on that photo, simply showing that he is indeed happy at the moment the photo was taken.

"Yo, I'm home!"

Yunhee quickly stood up, stepping backwards for a few times with her hand hiding the polaroid on her back. Yoshi also woke up from his slumber due to Yunseo's loud voice.

"Where's mom?" Yunhee immediately asked as she walked towards Yunseo to help him on bringing the grocery bags by the island counter. Thankful enough, she is wearing a hoodie with a large pocket on the front, enabling her to successfully hide the polaroid.

"Spilling tea on the neighborhood," Yunseo huffed before his eyes found a newly awaked Yoshinori rubbing his eyes while seated on the couch. "Seems like you got some good sleep," he commented.

"It was just a nap," said Yoshinori, fixing himself with heavy eyelids.

Yunseo silently mimicked what Yoshinori said while taking out the groceries from the paper bags. Meanwhile, Yunhee was silent the whole time.

"I'm going home," Yoshinori stated as he stood up from the couch. "Thanks for today, Yunseo. That was a big help from you," he tells the lad.

Yunseo then smiled. "No worries, and thanks too. Get home safe."

Yoshinori only nodded, not sparing a single glance on Yunhee as he left the house. He casually walked towards the gate, ready to exit, but running footsteps made him look back.

"Shino, wait up," Yunhee called out to Yoshinori as he halted her steps in front of the boy. "You forgot something."

With one eyebrow raised, Yoshinori watched Yunhee who is taking out something from the pocket of her hoodie. His gaze went sharp when he saw her took out the polaroid that he is always bringing with him.

"I found it laid down on the floor, so I picked it up and was about to─"

Yunhee was cut off when Yoshinori harshly snatched the polaroid from her grip. "You looked at the photo, did you?" he asks the girl with gritted teeth.

"I did," Yunhee answered honestly. "What are you gonna do about it then? If you are mad, let it all out on me because I looked at the photo."

"You are too bold, Jang Yunhee."

"Much better than being a coward, Kanemoto."

She is getting on his nerves, but he could do nothing about it. Yoshinori only clicked his tongue before letting out a huff.

"Oh, yeah? You should tell that to your self," said Yoshinori. "You are bold, but a coward for not even confessing."

Yunhee was frozen on her spot, tongue-tied. How did he know that she likes him?

"Cat got your tongue?" Yoshinori asks her teasingly. "I won't tell anybody about that. Don't worry, that's a secret between the two of us."

Just as Yoshinori turned on his heel, he was greeted by Mrs. Jang who just entered the gate.

"Oh, Yoshinori," Mrs. Jang smiles at the boy. "I didn't know you visited. Come join us at dinner."

Yoshinori rapidly shook his head. "I'm fine, Mrs. Jang. Maybe some other time, I can have dinner with you. There are still things that I need to do before the day ends, I'm sorry."

"Oh, it's fine dear. Get home safe," Mrs. Jang tells the boy and told Yunhee to get inside after before she entered the house.

Yunhee inhaled sharply before biting her lower lip. Then, Yoshinori looked back once again. He then glanced on the front door, making sure that no presence could be seen. His gaze then shifted to Yunhee's shaking orbs.

"Don't stop liking me," he softly spoke, almost sounding like a whisper. Without a single hesitation, he closed the gap between their faces, giving a peck in Yunhee's lips. "Not to make your hopes high, but I might fall for you."