008 | halt

Sitting on one of the tables inside the school cafeteria, Yunhee had her chin resting on both of her palms, her elbows resting on the top of the table. She's staring at nothing with a frown on her face.

"Hey," Yunhee's best friend, Park Jaeyeol, greeted as she sat across the girl. "What's with the face?" she asked, also frowning.

"Is he a jerk?" Yunhee blurted out all of a sudden. "I mean, he doesn't seem like it."

Exchanging her frown into a confused look, Jaeyeol asked, "Who exactly?"

"Yoshinori," Yunhee spoke quietly. "We met earlier at the locker section and I decided to confront him."

Jaeyeol immediately grabbed her bag and sat beside Yunhee after hearing what her best friend have said.

"What hurtful words did he say to you? Tell me," Jaeyeol asks the latter in a pissed manner. "I'm gonna punch him straight to the face."

Yunhee let out a sigh, trying to compose her self first. "I asked him on why he did that, you know," she tried to explain while making gestures. "I don't know, but I was disappointed on what he said."

Jaeyeol cocked an eyebrow. "What did he say?"

"He said that I should stop assuming because he did not meant anything when he did that."

Jaeyeol slammed both of her fists onto the table as she stood up, earning some attention inside the school cafeteria. She did not care at all, her eyes trying to find some familiar faces inside.

"Kim Junkyu," Jaeyeol mumbled and started stomping towards a smiling Junkyu who just got inside the school cafeteria with his friends.

"Jaeyeol? Where are you going?" Yunhee attempted to ask, but it was too late because her best friend was already stomping away from her.

Junkyu stopped on his tracks when he saw Jaeyeol walking towards him with heavy steps. Along with him, Yoshinori and Jihoon were also confused on the way Jaeyeol walks.

"Come with me, Kim Junkyu," Jaeyeol said with gritted teeth as he dragged the boy without any hesitation. Junkyu could not do anything but to let himself get dragged by the girl outside the school cafeteria. Despite him limping, he did not fought back.

"What's wrong? What did I do this time?" asked a confused Junkyu.

"You did nothing wrong– what happened to you?" Jaeyeol asked when she noticed the small cuts on Junkyu's cheek.

Junkyu grinned and shrugged his shoulders, and Jaeyeol already knew how he got those cuts on his cheek.

"Fighting again, I see," spoke Jaeyeol as she rolled her eyes. "Anyways, the reason why I dragged you here is because I wanted to ask you something."

"What is it?" asked Junkyu.

"That jerk friend of yours, Yoshinori, just kissed Yunhee on the last dance without any reason."

Junkyu's eyes widened, along with his mouth that is now wide open in shock. "Yoshi kissed Yunhee? Excuse me, but how come?"

"I don't know!" Jaeyeol huffed in annoyance. "Ask that friend of yours, goodness. Yunhee can't even think straight because of what he did to her."

"I'll try–"

"Don't just try! Freaking do it!" Jaeyeol interrupted the boy out of annoyance.

"Fine! I'll talk to Yoshi!" Junkyu finally gave up. "Can we go back inside the school cafeteria and eat our lunch peacefully now?" he offered after.

"Before that," Jaeyeol interrupted, making Junkyu whine.

"What now?"

"I just wanted to ask, where is Jaehyuk? I haven't seen him since morning."

Junkyu was taken aback by the sudden question from Jaeyeol. He doesn't know what to answer to her question.

"Well, he doesn't feel like going to school today," Junkyu lied with a sheepish smile.

"I don't buy lies, Kim Junkyu," Jaeyeol told the latter with gritted teeth. "Jaehyuk, Hyunsuk, Asahi, and Mashiho aren't with the three of you today. Tell me, did they got hurt that bad, huh?"

"We got in trouble after the prom night during the elimination," said Junkyu. He couldn't keep a secret to Jaeyeol since she already knew the hidden identity of the boys.

"What happened?" Jaeyeol asked, worry evident on her voice.

"Jihoon, Mashiho, and I were in the same car. We fell on the cliff when someone shot one of the tires of Jihoon's car," Junkyu explained. "We managed to survive and I don't know how Yoshinori ended up on the hospital too since he was from another car."

"So, where are the others?"

"Uhm," Junkyu mouthed out as he scratched his nape. "Mashiho is taking a rest, while Hyunsuk, Asahi and Jaehyuk were all taken by the enemies."

Jaeyeol fell silent, as well as Junkyu. They do not know what to say to each other since they can't do anything to save the missing boys for the meantime.