004 | scattered

Walking through the hallways of the hospital, the corner of Jihoon's lips twitched over and over again. The pain all over his body was unbearable, but he still forced himself to get up from the hospital bed just to see his friends.

"This is the worst night of my life, I fucking swear-"

"Jihoon!"

Park Jihoon was interrupted when a familiar voice called his name. There was Kim Junkyu, limping towards him.

"Junkyu really needs a further training," mumbled Jihoon as he watched the latter struggling to walk towards his direction.

"I broke my right leg, hehe," Junkyu grinned, trying to sound positive as he stood in front of Jihoon.

"I don't care if your right leg is broken, I just wanted to know where Mashiho's room is and how he is doing," Jihoon said as he walked past Junkyu.

The grin that Junkyu has immediately turned into a frown. He knew that Jihoon wasn't that serious on what he said, but it hurt him a bit.

The two boys passed by some doctors and nurses by the hallways of the hospital, asking if there was a patient named 'Takata Mashiho' that was admitted on that hospital.

"Are you two involved on the car accident that happened an hour ago that is five kilometers away from here?" a male doctor asked the two boys after he saw them asking the passerbys for many times already.

Jihoon and Junkyu looked at each other for a second before nodding their head as a response to the doctor.

"Well, your friend, Takata Mashiho, is assigned to me and I am on my way to where his room is," the doctor said with a weak smile. "You should probably come with me if you two can because I can clearly see how you struggle on walking in that situation."

"We're fine!" Junkyu insisted.

"Alright, you two can follow me slowly. Just tell me if you two need an assistance on walking."

Both Jihoon and Junkyu struggled on following the doctor. They were thankful enough that they took the elevator and did not climb up the stairs.

They finally entered the room where Mashiho is. Jihoon bit his lower lip while Junkyu dropped his gaze on the floor after seeing Mashiho's situation.

"He might've hit his head that hard, causing for him to be unconscious until this time," the doctor told tye boys. "But don't worry, only his head was affected. He only has a few bruises on his body and there are no fractures at all."

"I was even surprised that I am alive," Jihoon huffed. "We would've burned down into ashes if the three of us did not jump out of the car when it fell down the cliff."

"May I ask on how did the car accident happen?" asked the doctor.

Junkyu lightly nudged Jihoon on the side, telling him to answer the doctor's question.

"Well, one of the tires of my car was shot by someone I don't know," Jihoon responded, lying on the last few words that he said. He knew that it was Keita who shot his car tire.

"That was terrible," the doctor commented. "Lucky that the four of you survived," he added.

"The... four of us?" Junkyu mouthed out slowly as his gaze landed on Jihoon who was already looking at him.

"There were only three of us inside my car," Jihoon pointed out. "It was only me, this guy, and Mashiho were inside my car before the accident even happened."

"But the police found four bodies near the burning car," the doctor insisted. "It was the three of you and that one other boy who was also assigned to me."

"Who?" Jihoon and Junkyu asked the doctor in chorus.

"It was Kanemoto Yoshinori," the doctor said. "Just like Mashiho, he also injured his head. His left shoulder was dislocated and his left ankle was fractured."

"He was not with us inside my car during the accident," Jihoon reasoned out.

"Then he must be the one that was driving the car that was found at the edge of the cliff where your car fell from."

"Wait, there was another car at the edge of the cliff?" asked Jihoon with a puzzled look on his face.

"That's what I heard from the investigation team," the doctor said. "The car almost fell down the cliff too, good thing that the driver stepped on the brakes as soon as possible."

"But Hyunsuk was the one who is driving that car," Junkyu whispered on the latter, making Jihoon's eyebrow to furrow.

"We need to talk to those people who investigated the accident that we are involved in," Jihoon spoke. "Uhm, doctor, do you have your phone with you? I really need to make a call."

"Here," the doctor said as he handed his phone to Jihoon. "Just do your business while I check on Mashiho, alright?"

Jihoon nodded his head as the male doctor went to check on Mashiho who is still unconsciously lying on the hospital bed.

Dialing a number on the doctor's phone, Jihoon's hands were shaky. After dialing the number, he held the phone on his right ear waiting for the call to be picked up. Junkyu was only watching the latter, aware on who he is trying to contact.

"Thank goodness for picking up the phone, Hyunsuk," Jihoon breathed out as soon as the call was picked up. "Where are you? Why did you leave your car on that cliff? Where is Jaehyuk and Asahi?"

"Jihoon..."

Hyunsuk's weak response made Jihoon's eyebrow to knit out of worry and confusion. "Why do you sound like that? What happened? Where are you?"

There was a moment of silence on the other line, making Jihoon to look at Junkyu with worried eyes.

"Choi Hyunsuk, why the fuck aren't you answering my damn questions?" Jihoon asked, almost growling.

"Save Yoshinori and Mashiho because they are going to kill-"

Hyunsuk was interrupted on talking and when Jihoon and Junkyu heard a loud thud, followed by a groan from Hyunsuk on the line.

"Planning to mess with our plan, leader Choi?" Yedam laughed from the other line. "Oh, Jihoon. You heard that from your leader. Save Yoshinori before it's too late."

Those were the last words that Jihoon and Junkyu heard before the call was cut off. Balling his fists in anger, Jihoon could only shut his eyes tight.

"Let us follow what he said," Jihoon told Junkyu. "Let us take Mashiho and Yoshinori out of here as soon as possible, then we will proceed to find the others."